We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA USA
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

My Fiance and I are interested in visiting Curacao for our honeymoon in the last week of September/first week of October. We were originally thinking Aruba, but it seems that Curacao might be even better for slightly less money. We both like to snorkel and I've read that there are some amazing snorkel spots.

My main question is about where to stay. I am a little concerned about the recent reviews about the beach Marriott. I am tending to think that the Hyatt might be better, but it also sounds too bar away. The Baoase had some bad reviews recently too. So I am looking for an honest opinion - where should I stay for my honeymoon.

It seems that I will need to rent a car so that I can see other beaches and experience some nightlife, but I don't want to be in the car the whole time either. No matter what hotel we stay at, we would like to be close enough to a grocery store where we can stock up on some food for the week. Eating out 3x a day is fattening - and expensive.

So really, any advice about our upcoming honeymoon would be very much appreciated.

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
331 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

My wife and I honeymooned in Curacao 7 years ago. Everybody was going to Aruba we thought lets be different and go to Curacao. It was a great choice. We went to Curacao before any sort of Trip Advisor was around so besides a couple of web sites we went there blind. We had an awesome time. We stayed at Breezes where everything was wonderful. Yes rent a car at the hotel a day at a time to get to explore the island. You will not beleave the treasures you will find on the north and west sides. Look for a few of these restaurants people on here are talking about. They are incredible. We loved Curacao so much we bought a place up in Lagun and we get back to the island at least once a year. We now bring our 2 children. Go!! You will love it!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

Which recent reviews on the marriot beach. As far as I know there are no issues with the beach at this moment. It is a nice place and nice beach.

You might also consider the Avila beach Hotel. On the other side of town compared to the marriot. I would opt for the Avila. Both Marriot and Avila have a supermarket at a 5min drive max.

The Boase is a very nice place. It is small luxury resort. Very expensive. Did not stay there but was there some time back and as far as I can see the place is in perfect conditions.

Hyatt is a nice place too. New compared to the others but a bit out of the way.

The best beaches are not at the hotels but out west. You need a car to get there.

Accra, Ghana
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

Would have to agree completely with Huub9999 in every comment.

Boase is stunning but seriously expensive.

Marriot is lovely but quite out of the way as is the Hyatt.

For a nice hotel, almost in town and with all amenities at hand I would go for Avila Beach.

You certainly need a car to get the most out of the island and to visit the best beaches. Snorkeling is incredible here and I would highly recommend Porto Marie beach which has an artificial reef and some incredible brain coral formations. A slightly odd location I would also recommend is the other side of the breakwater at Mambo beach (there's an artificial bay created by a rock barrier) although when the sea is rough it can be a little intimidating so fins are advisable.

4. Re: Honeymoon in Curacao - advice, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:42