We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise & sunsets

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise & sunsets

Hubby and I will be visiting Curacao soon and I would love to know where are the best beaches or places to watch the sunrise and sunsets? We will be staying at the Marriott Resort and probably renting a car for a couple of days.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Watch sunset from the marriott, it's very pretty.

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Thanks, I am sure we will be seeing the sunset at the Marriott . But I assume there are other great places to watch the sunrises and sunsets around the island.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Close town not far from your hotel you can drive up to fort nasseau and watch the sun set on top of this hill.

Also on the westside at the beaches. Playa Kalki is nice but the beach will me more or less the same thing as you at the Marriot

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

That's what I was trying to say, anywhere you see the sunset, it's the same

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

And watch for that "green flash". Curacao is the only island we have ever seen it on.

Vermilion, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

We just got back 3 weeks ago and stayed at the Royal Sea Aquarium. Beautiful sunsets, and for the first time in our lives we saw the green flash, 4 of first 5 nights.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

What is the "Green Flash"

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Huub, Google Wikopedia "green flash". It's all there and they explain it a lot better than I can LOL. It's basically just what it says, green flash right before the sun dips in the ocean, only visible for a second or two. It has to be extremely clear, no clouds to see this and Curacao is the best place to witness this, also visible when the sun rises but I have never seen that, I'm still in bed.

Curacao
Level Contributor
840 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Sunsets are not always the same. We overlook Westpunt Bay but only see the sun (actually) set October, November, January, February and the beginning of March. Then from our point of view it sets further to the right and behind the houses. Granted we are in the middle of the bay so the sides crates a barrier but there are other locations where there are bays and peninsulas that would obstruct your view during the summer months. The Hilton and Marriott (I think) shouldn't have anything in the way but from the Hyatt the sun might set behind the opposite shore - again during the summer months.

Hub look for the flash on days when you can see Venzeula.... and on days when the wind blows in the opposite direction.

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunrise & sunsets

Thanks , for the reply. I will be looking for that green Flash. I am looking forward to our trip. I can not wait.