We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
SC
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cooler & Beaches

Are there any specific beaches that do not allow coolers?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooler & Beaches

On all beaches without admission fee this should be OK

The one that ask an admission fee this can be an issue. I can only really comment on Cas Abou which is the beach I frequent the most. There is a sign there telling no food or drinks allowed. We always take food and drinks and never got a comment on this. We never got comments at porto marie but I have not been there for swimming in a while so cannot really comment on that.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooler & Beaches

Just bring a soft sided one that looks like a beach bag. I use one from a food store here and no one says anything!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooler & Beaches

Where do you recommend purchasing water, sports drinks, and alcohol to take to the beach? Are there roadside markets or grocery stores off resort property/?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooler & Beaches

great idea - plus it's easy to pack!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooler & Beaches

sure lots of them on the road to the beaches on the westside you will find california supermarket and lots of other smaller chinese mini markets. Besides that closer town any supermarket or minikarket would do. the most popular are Centrum, Mangusa, Alberheyn, Esperamos, Cost u less

SC
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooler & Beaches

Thank you for the great advise.

7. Re: Cooler & Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:16