We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been to Curacao in Aug? Looking for input.

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Been to Curacao in Aug? Looking for input.

Need info regarding Curacao in August. Guides say that it is not as hot as other islands. I grew up going to the caribbean in the summer and hot is hot. My definition of hot is: If I am sweating or sticky just sitting in the shade, then it's too hot....I remember Curacao as hot as the rest. Am I missing something? It is no problem if you are scuba diving all day, but we are looking into an un-airconditioned compound with many kids. There will be hanging around in unairconditioned space, so I am kind of wary about it..

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been to Curacao in Aug? Looking for input.

As long as the tradewinds can blow through this unairconditioned space you should be OK. August will be Hot on Curacao too but as long as the tradewinds are there it should be OK. It will be sticky hot if these tradewinds stop blowing and in august there is a chance of that. August is already hurricane season and if a tropical system(storms/hurricanes) passes to the north of us it will take away these winds. But in august we are not at the peak of the season yet.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been to Curacao in Aug? Looking for input.

Thanks so much. I know exactly what you mean.

3. Re: Been to Curacao in Aug? Looking for input.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:17