We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

kansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

We arrive in Curacao this week. Staying at Marriott. Young adult daughter wants to ‘see and take pictures, but not necessarily swim at more than one beach for a little bit” among the western beaches. Planning to rent car for one day and glimpse Porte Marie, Cas Abou, Playa Lagun, Knip and Kalki. Heard there are some fun cliffs to jump off of into water, any recommendations? Want to eat lunch on one of the beaches and then dinner at Sol Food. Best/good photo ops? Which beach would be your choice to swim at? Where would you eat lunch? Dinner? Thanks so much for any thoughts, advice, etc. So excited!!!

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Playa Lagun
Playa Lagun
739 Reviews
Curacao
Sol Food
Sol Food
800 Reviews
Curacao
Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

Me personally, Love Porto Marie and Cas Abou, hard to choose between the two, great photo ops at both.They both have nice snack bars too.Knip is pretty too, it's my avatar pic. The water there is so salty, like floating in jello.

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
356 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

Without a doubt I beleave Playa Forte would be the best choice for all of the above. Great view, small restaurant, diving platform, and in the Westpunt area.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

For not drive back and forth your trip should be something like Porte Marie, Cas Abou, Playa Lagun, Knip and Playa Kalki always heading west.

I would swim at Cas Abou and have lunch there. Head further west. Watch sunset at Kalki or Sol Food

Mentioned in this post
Playa Lagun
Playa Lagun
739 Reviews
Curacao
Playa Kalki
Playa Kalki
306 Reviews
Curacao
Sol Food
Sol Food
800 Reviews
Curacao
kansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Are you familiar with any of cliffs that you can jump off into the water? Are they for only for serious swimmers to attempt?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

At the following beaches I see people jump of the cliff on a regular basis, Knip (Groot Knip), Playa Forti(in westpunt), Daaibooi.

I does not look like you have to be a serious swimmer, I never tried it.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Forti
Playa Forti
118 Reviews
Curacao
WV
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

Playa Jeremi will provide a killer sunset.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Jeremi
Playa Jeremi
268 Reviews
Curacao
7. Re: Beach Photos/food/swim - Please share your thoughts.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:15