We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bugs

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GLENWOOD
14 posts
Save Topic
bugs

are the bugs bad in feb if your at the resorts and how about if you go out of the resort thanks for any advise

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
92 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bugs

There are always bugs, they're especially bad in the rain season, which is now. In February there will be bugs, but not as bad and seeing as it is the wind season, you won't be having as much problems with them either as they dislike wind. There will probably not be any difference between your resort and outside of it.

fort worth
Level Contributor
204 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bugs

Fellow traveller,

I am going to be in Curacao during the christmas week and I have a question or two that I hope you can answer since you live there.

Are there any brown cafes in the capital of Curacao that are similar to the Hague's/Amsterdams brown cafe's?

About Christmas: Will they have dutch Christmas cards available to mail? I know that Black Pete visits in early December but was curious if those cards hang around at the stores after Sinterklaus?

Thanks,

Jeff - independent American traveller.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bugs

Hi Jeff, better to start a new question, otherwise some people will not see it, but now that I saw it I can maybe help you out. Really brown cafe, some Cafe's you will find in Willemstad at the Wilhelmina plein, not really like holland, but you can try. Then you have Munro bizarro in pietermaai great place really you should google it. Is so nice decorated. And in that street you will also find the nachtwacht, but am not sure if that still exists.

Postcards for sinterklaas will be gone after sinterklaas I am sure, but if you want them you could try sending a email to the store. Bruna zuikertuintje mall and ask them if they can save you some. And Christmas cards we will have on the island. Post stamps you can buy or t the Bruna ( but then if I am correct you need to buy your cards there) or at the post office on the Schottegatweg.

Hope that answers all your questions!

4. Re: bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:17