We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D&D Car Rental

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
Save Topic
D&D Car Rental

Has anyone used D&D Car Rental or DD Car Rental while in Curacao? We looking at rentals and most open for airport drop off about 2 hours after we are scheduled to depart. Saw a couple of old posts re D&D but nothing in past year or two.

Thanks.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D&D Car Rental

D&D car rental discussed the last couple of days in other threads. Following the posts they are still good. Reading these post I would recommend you D&D, Just Drive or Prins car rental. According to these posts all will drop you for your early departure on AA

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D&D Car Rental

After several trips with the pain of using the bigs at the airport we used D&D and were very satisfied.

They met us at the airport and we were on the road in 3 minutes.

When we returned to the airport 10 days later, they met us and we were at the terminal in 2 minutes.

The only problem that concerns a lot of people is that they only accept cash.

The cost is $38./day including insurance.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D&D Car Rental

I will bump the d&d thread up

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D&D Car Rental

I don't see any car on the D&D site for 38/day and they do accept major credit cards...are we talking about the same company?

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D&D Car Rental

I just checked the website - I see the ford focus for 40/day. It used to have the daily rates written on it. I believe the standard cars are a bit cheaper.

It does not say cash only and I do not remember if it was stated on the website or if it is in the reservation slip you email to them.

www.ddcarrentals.com is the web address.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: D&D Car Rental

I stand corrected. Now that they have replied to my email they are quoting me $38/day and advise that they can only take cash at this time.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: D&D Car Rental

We just rented with D&D this last week and I can't speak highly enough about our experience! Daniel was always very prompt in returning my emails and he even helped call a few restaurants for us to secure a New Year's Eve dinner reservation prior to our departure to Curacao!!

He was waiting for us with a sign right outside of baggage claim and had the car parked and waiting for us. He helped with our bags and gave us the lowdown on the car. We went for economy and had a 4 door Nissan Versa hatchback. We also secured a GPS for an additional $5/day and I would absolutely hands down 100% recommend the GPS. All of the sites and beaches we planned on visiting were already in there. Daniel also had already programmed our hotel in under the "home" button.

We were there during "high" season over the Christmas/New Years holidays and so we paid $45/day for the car and $5/day for the GPS. I loved that insurance and all of that extra stuff was already included. Oh, he also loaned us a cell phone FOR FREE that already had minutes loaded on it. We never had any use for it but it was nice to know in case of emergency it was there. We did pay him cash upon receipt of the vehicle.

When we left we had the first flight of the day out (8:15am) and Daniel met us by the curb drop-off at 6:15am.

I'd read nightmare stories of waiting hours with the big box rental companies. Literally both the pick-up and drop-off took barely 5 minutes with D&D.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: D&D Car Rental

I have yet to hear anything bad about them.

That's pleasantly unusual.

Maine
Level Contributor
229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: D&D Car Rental

Response cut/pasted from a prior response of mine...

Having rented from one of the “majors” on prior trips to Curacao, I decided to give D&D a try earlier this month based on the many positive reviews. Based on our experience, I won’t be renting from one of the majors again.

The car was fine and their prices (note: cash only) were lower and included CDW and an island cell phone, which was handy.

But best of all was the ease of getting and dropping off the car. After clearing customs and exiting the terminal, Daniel was right there holding our name board, and we were driving off in the car within 3-5 minutes. Two weeks later I called Daniel to let him know what time we would be at the airport. The next day, as we drove up he was there waiting at passenger drop off…Handed him the keys…Said thank you and we were gone.

I am fine with “island time” when I am actually out somewhere enjoying the island, but not so fine with it when stuck at a rental counter. The prior years experiences of trying to remain patient while people politely but slowly did the paperwork to get a line of people their cars I can live without. And, for this trip D&D helped me with that.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 03:43
10. Re: D&D Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:18