We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Curacao

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Touring Curacao

Any suggestions for day tours in Curacao?. We are looking for either a private tour, taxi or tour company. We will be arriving by cruiseship and wondering whether we should just grab a taxi at the port? Not interested in beaching it but want to see the "must sees"!

Thanks for any recommendations!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring Curacao

curacao.com/Attractions-and-Restaurants/Guid…

Here you can check out several tours which are being offered.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring Curacao

Thank you Curtraveller. Quite overwhelming the amount of tours. Don't knolw where to begin. Perhaps a taxi at the port is the best way to go?

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring Curacao

Well, IMO the best of Curacao is on the beaches and under the water.

I guess the question would be - are you looking for museum type tours?

Natural park type tours?

The first thing would be to do some research on what kind of things you would like to see - slave museum, flamingos, synagoge, etc.

Willemstad is right at the cruise dock, so shopping and the Queen Emma bridge is right there. There is a bus type tour that does the downtown area.

Curacao has a lot to see, so you need to narrow it down a bit.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Touring Curacao

Probably what I would do is grab a taxi and say take me to Lagun, Jeremi to at least see Curacao's fabulous vistas. Then around the bend to Shete Boca for a bit of contrast, then back to Willemstad for a museum tourof the slave museum then a walk around town, over the bridge, into the Riffort to grab food and do a bit of photo taking and back to the cruise ship.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Touring Curacao

We are there from 0700-2300 and wanting to see the "must sees of Curacao" no park or museum tours, not lying out on the beaches but would certainly enjoy seeing them. Would love to learn about Curacao, the history etc...

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Touring Curacao

Well, then since none of the museums would be open that early, I would grab a taxi for the Westpunt side and see the beaches over there - probably plan two hours to get the taxi, a half hour drive there and then poking about.

Another 1/2 hour to get to Shete Boca and an hour poking around there.

1/2 hour back to Willemstad. That makes it about noon. Perfect.

Either take the mini train tour whose name escapes me or have the taxi drop you at the slave museum. Lunch either in town or over the walking bridge in the Riffort.

Shopping in town.

Dinner in the Riffort.

I do think you need reservations for the tram tour, so best to look up their hours first.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Touring Curacao

Found it - Willemstad Trolley Tour

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Touring Curacao

My friend and I had discussed the strong possibility of having a private tour of the island scaled down to our wants & needs. Is there any one native to the island that does this privately and professionally? I looked briefly at the Martin tours. Neither one of us is interested in renting a car & driving ourselves but would enjoy the one-on-one interaction that a true island native would have in regard to their island home. We will be there in 1 month ( during Carnival ) and

need to begin organizing our activities.

9. Re: Touring Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2013, 13:05
10. Re: Touring Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2013, 13:05