We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
358 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

I'm looking for a 1BR condo for 6 nights in Dec./Jan. Marazul keeps popping up - various owners of specific units have put their units on TripAdvisor and VRBO. Reviews are good. For those familiar with this property, which specific units are best? The ocean views are fabulous! - does every unit have such a marvelous view??

And if not this property, any other recommendations?? We're just looking for air conditioned basic lodging, 1 BR with a full kitchen.

Thanks.

Pinson
Level Contributor
81 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Marzul is very nice -i have stayed there before -now stay at Lagoon resort down the road -nicer and beach access- type in Lagoon resorts -check it out we just returned after 2 weeks at the end of Jan. -i can answer a lot of questions about that area if you have any -hope this helps the west end is the best place on the island- chef

Oregon
Level Contributor
358 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Thanks for the tip. Are you referring to Lagun, which is on the west end? A search for Lagoon didn't show anything for Curacao, but there are Lagoon resorts all over the world. There are no recent reviews for Lagun, and they weren't all that good. Looks like a nice and peaceful place, with great views!

Since I've never been there, and don't know much about Curacao, could you please elaborate on why the west end is the best place on the island? Thanks. It seems far out from things. After 2 weeks of diving on Bonaire, I think we will want to do some sightseeing and driving around Curacao. Would it not be better then to be more centrally located?

Thanks for your insights.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

www.curacaolagoonoceanresort.nl/pagina3a.html

Hi,

This is the website of the resort mentioned by chef. I can't tell you anything about the resort. Never have been there. Can tell about the location. Playa lagun in beautiful. And so is all of westpunt. Really nice beaches. Yes it is further away from everything. But if you rent a car you will be fine.

We have a home in jan thiel. Yes we do have everything there. Restaurants, shops, etc etc. all in walking diistance but here you will find more tourist. But we love it there. Nice happy hours nice beaches, not as beautifull as in West Point But when we feel like going there we take the car and go. Do have to say. Westpiont has become more crouwded too. Now that a lot has been built there too. When lagoon resort wasn't there yet, lagun was the best. Just water beach and a fantastic view. Now there are a lot more people on the beach and you see the lagoon resort buildings. Really different.

Curaçao is really nice. Enough to see and explore! Have a great time.

Pinson
Level Contributor
81 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

sorry it is Lagoon Ocean Resorts Curagao

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Yes Lagun

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Dont go to lagun appartments.

The owner is always around and in your busseness.also very busy with people going to the bar.

They always walk by your padio wHen you have ground floor.

Marazul is a lot nicer.also have a pool and you have stairs and a platform to jump or go into the water.

We loved it.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Dont go to lagun appartments.

The owner is always around and in your busseness.also very busy with people going to the bar.

They always walk by your padio wHen you have ground floor.

Marazul is a lot nicer.also have a pool and you have stairs and a platform to jump or go into the water.

We loved it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
358 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

Thanks for all the tips. I did book into Marazul for my time there this coming December. The owner of the unit has been so helpful in providing a wealth of info about the area and all of Curacao. :-)

9. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-or somewhere else??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 05:16