We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limestone or Nos Krusero?

Glenview, Illinois...
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Limestone or Nos Krusero?

My husband and I prefer to stay in places that are less busy, and relaxing. We are not into late nights, and we do not drink. We do enjoy snorkeling, diving, kayaking, hiking, touring places of interest. We also enjoy trying different restaurants. (We will be there the first week or so of July)

From what I have seen, staying in Willemstad would not be our cup of tea (too crowded, too busy). We plan to rent a car, and since the island is so small, driving for day trips shouldn't be a problem.

We found these two locations, and would be interested in feedback about them (we've read the reviews here). Is one more likely to be filled with families with small children?

Also, where do the cruise ships off-load and on what days? When we stayed in Belize, we found that the cruise passengers all mostly stayed in the North, near Belize City. so we chose to stay more to the south, near Placencia (which I HIGHLY recommend).

Edited: 29 April 2013, 03:18
Tour Dia
Sightseeing Tours
Rumba Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limestone or Nos Krusero?

I would first figure out where you want to stay. In the west side of the island or the east. Limestone is in the east and I think you will find more children here. East side is more youristic We have stayed here once before we had our own home. It was okay, the didn't have the pool yet then. And the surroundings weren't very clean, but I know that is better now. Nos krusero I have never stayed here and is far away from shops, but maybe your best choice because you want a nice and quite place to stay and is very close to the nice west beaches.( lagun, kalki etc)

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limestone or Nos Krusero?

As said by Andrea first decision is where you want to stay.

Limestone (never stayed there but know the location) is located east closer to town than nos krusero and closer to a wider selection of restaurants . But keep in mind limestone is not at a beach it is at the spanish waters. The resort has a man made beach. Don't expect the crystal clear water as our real beaches have. So no snorkeling and diving from the beach there. There is nothing to see in those waters.

Looking at your post I think you better off staying on the westside. The better beaches of the island are on the west side of the island. Location close to playa kalki. You are at the most western point of the island. Playa Kalki a bit rocky but nice beach very good snorkeling and diving. You may have many other locations on the westside that may suite you.

Cruise ships dock in town. Most of them will stay in town or go to the beaches closer to town. Mambo/CAbana beach. Most don't wander out to the west a few but these will not bother you.

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
356 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limestone or Nos Krusero?

Check out Lagun. Over looks the beach. Has great diving. 35 minutes from downtown. Close to fine local restaurants.

4. Re: Limestone or Nos Krusero?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:17