We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Lagun services?

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Lagun services?

Hey all...contemplating heading to Playa Lagun this morning for the day. Is there a snack bar etc..there like at Cas Abou? or is it just a beach?

This is the place where the fishermen come in around 11am right? Might be able to buy fish from them?

Maine
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Lagun services?

Two places at least...one, up the stairs on the cliff right side of beach, and a place at the entrance to the parking lot, which is a one minute walk. I think there may be another place not far from the entrance. Snorkeling is usually VERY good there, and also next door at Jeremy.

Edited: 10 May 2013, 14:55
Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
332 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Lagun services?

The Bahia Beach Bar and Grill over looks Lagun. Full bar with snack and lunch menu. Also the Discover Dive shop at the entrance has drinks and snacks.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Lagun services?

Thanks all...im at playa lagun now....where do these fishermen I read about come in? At the playa itself or am I in the wrong spot?

Maine
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Lagun services?

I have heard about it too, but I have not seen much fishing boat activity at Lagun...only one here or there. In Westpunt there is a beach prior to kalki that has quite a bit of fishing boat activity. You turn off the main road in town as you are winding through the shaded tree area. There is a sign for it.. This is not a good beach as far as the beach part goes.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Lagun services?

If the boats are on shore they already came in.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Lagun services?

Thanks...2 boats came in after I posted and had a small catch of Wahoo, flying fish and something that had already been skinned...shape kinda looked like a snapper or roughie...

Great snorkelling here...I have to admit but early in the day (11am) I was stung twice...the mouth of the beach was full of jelly fish. They were gone about an hour later when I braved another attempt.

Funny what the heat will make you do!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Lagun services?

The Jelly fish should drift out now the winds are picking up again. The Jelly fish normally comes close to shore when there is no wind or wind direction changes like happened during the last weekend

8. Re: Playa Lagun services?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:18