We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude tanning

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nude tanning

I realize there is no nude beaches in Curacao..but I'm wondering if there are any little off-the-beaten-path water areas where once could bring a cooler and a towel and lie au-naturel without risk of offending or being gawked at?

I'm in the Cas Abou area so if anyone can offer up directions to such a place, let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude tanning

no..no nude tanning on the island, or you should stay in the resort "the natural" there you can. but not on the beaches. well not that i am aware off anyway!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude tanning

Andrea is correct no nude tanning. The Natural is also the only resort I know of.

Topless you will at times at some beaches (Mambo, Cas Abou, Porto Marie) but according to me even that is not allowed but I never saw somebody make any issue of it.

Mentioned in this post
The Natural Curacao
The Natural Curacao
143 Reviews
Curacao
Mambo Beach
Mambo Beach
948 Reviews
Curacao
Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude tanning

I have seen some nude people at San Juan. these are very isolated beaches with not too many people. Go to the beach which is called playa largu. When you arrive there you can park your car on the right under the trees so you will sit there as well secluded...

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude tanning

Ok..I think you all mis-understood...your whole island is coastal...(unlike Canada) what I asked was "off the beaten path" ie: not Cas abou...not Playa Lagun...etc...I'm wondering if it there are paths to private areas...IE: turn left at the yellow sign..drive down the dirt road...walk through the bush for a bit and voila....private area....

there has to be little areas here and there where someone could drive and park and not be disturbed by puritanical freaks ashamed of naked people...just sayin'..... :)

Mentioned in this post
Playa Lagun
Playa Lagun
731 Reviews
Curacao
Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude tanning

Oh..and I'm already here on the island and booked somewhere..so staying at the Naturel is not an option so stop saying that.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude tanning

Marc, Thats why I advised to go to Playa largu on San Juan. during the week you may be the only one.. the beach is with coral and rocks so people dont like to stay there (has good scuba diving though).

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude tanning

How are we to know that you are already in curaçao! Expect for going back to all your other posts. Sorry for mentioning the natural. Good luck on finding a spot, you can do what ever you want for me no problem not ashamed at all, just do not like to see naked people everywhere, some people are not a real blast to see naked!

8. Re: Nude tanning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 11:35
Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude tanning

:) too funny.

10. Re: Nude tanning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Curacao