We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a Quick Thanks

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Just a Quick Thanks

Hubby and I just got back on Monday from a week in Curacao and the Sunscape Resort.

I wanted to reach out and give a quick thanks to all you who watch the forum and give your answers (sometimes the same ones over and over) to all of us rookies and while I only asked a couple of questions, I read so many of the others asked that I got all my questions answered easily.

As a quick recap:

We rented a car from D&D and as many have commented, it was the easiest thing in the world. I sent in a request from their web site and was emailed back promptly with a quote and form to fill out if I wished to book. I filled out the form, confirmed a few days before arrival (via email) and Daniel was waiting for us when we arrived. He handed us the keys and a map, gave a quick showing of where to go and then sent us on our way. At the end of the week, we pulled into the airport drop off where he told us to meet him, gave him the keys and the car payment, shook hands and were on our way (home this time).

As mentioned we stayed at the Sunscape which due to its all-inclusive set-up and the price could not be a better deal. We are typically not all-inclusive type people and most recently we always rent a villa but as a good, don't have to think about anything option it suited us just fine. We are not needy people and often prefer to be left alone so we don't need people pouring over us or any special attention but I can comment that all the people we encountered were nice, polite and if asked for something, gave it to us with a nice friendly smile.

The food at the Sunscape was good and because they have 4 other options beside the buffet there should be no reason to be bored with your options. We especially enjoyed the Japanese restaurant and ate there twice, once at the hibachi grill and once at a private table.

Drinks were plentiful and we used our own mugs so that we didn't have to trek back to the bar every 10 minutes.

We went fishing, explored beaches and went downtown on Saturday and overall had a very nice enjoyable relaxing stay in Curacao. I know many people like to ask if we would go back again but so far we have never visited the same place twice as we are still in our exploring stages so it is unlikely that we would do so here but we are glad that we have seen Curacao and would encourage others to do the same.

So, again, thanks to those who answer questions and help others like me enjoy our trips by the knowledge that we gain from you all.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

we were there last week also, what flight did you take home? Sounds like you had a relaxing vacation.

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

We were on the American 3:45PM flight through Miami and then on to Boston.

Even though I have connected through Miami on most of our Caribbean flights, I was dreading everyone's comments of how bad things were there.

Sure, I've had to collect my bags and sure I've had to go all the way out and through security again and even though it is a hassle, we never had a problem.

But this time we really had no problems, sure the walk to get to immigration is long and I never did see an option for the Tram that some referred to, but the line at immigration was quick and between all the stanchions placed we never stood still , we picked up our bags and they were announcing "No Lines, No Waiting" at the Customs desks between baggage claim 3 and 4 for connecting flights so we went to those lanes, got through fast (I love how they say "Welcome Home") and followed a few signs for connecting flights.

Soon we were giving our checked bags back to continue on and we were in a special "connecting flight" security line that went through really fast as well.

I'd say our whole process was over and we were looking for food within about 45 minutes of landing.

Easy Peasy!!!

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Thanks for your review of Sunscape. We'll be there in 3 months....can't wait! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Curacao!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Gr8Escape, were on the sunday flight? We were, Miami was a breeze, we were eating with 40 minutes of landing, I too was worried about the comments on here.

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Ralphy57 - we came back on Monday and it was a breeze.

danadan - have fun and just chill....too many times people get so hung up on the details that they forget it is vacation...save the stress for work!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Gr8Escape Glad you had a nice vacation. That's all that counts.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Glad you had a great vacation! Did you get to snorkel?

We are just down the road from you in Townsend, MA

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

We did snorkel at quite a few places. Here is a link to my video:

http://youtu.be/j6efFbgUM1U

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Nice pix!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just a Quick Thanks

Very nicely done. Can't wait to get back there.