We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Hello all,

Bounty Adventures offers a day boat trip to Klein Curacao on the Jonalisa, a high-speed catamaran.

Mermaid Boat Trips has a day long trip in a larger boat leaving from Fishermen's Pier and

Miss Ann's Boat Trips has a motor yaught that also goes there.

Which outfit is the BEST in terms of service, food and overall experience?

THANKS!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Jonalisa will get there quicker and people get less seasick.. they do not have a shack on the island though (lunch is offered onboard).

Miss Anne has a place with shadow on the island and you can bring your own food if you like however they dont have a beach in front of their place.

Mermaid has an own place with shadow and they have beach. Here you do pay for a bbq and breakfast and I though included free drinks (beer and wine).

I guess it depends on what you are looking.. Food of Jonalisa and Mermaid are both decent, service is both decent..

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Think twice about even going. It is a very rough ride out with waves crashing into the boat from the bow for two hours, then not much there to see or do, or shade to get in, once you're there. It's not the pristine beach that pictures make you believe it is, as you just arrived there with 30 other people, and two or three other boatloads of folks will be there all clamoring to get in some shade and out of the blowing sand. Snorkeling is poor because of the sandy, vs. rocky bottom but, on the positive side, we did see several sea turtles feeding on seaweeds and a very large Permit. One of the western beaches others mention on this forum is a much nicer place to spend your day. The ride home is much calmer since you're traveling in the same direction as the wind.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

I never could understand why people want to go there. Seasickness, nah. You're already on an island, why go to a deserted one.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Ralphy, you forget the booze and food. Imagine eating and drinking while others are vomiting around you. And once you get on, you are stuck. No choosing to go back to your hotel if you feel ill.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
16 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

I was there with Mermaid. Indeed they own a shack to prepare bbq and beach huts that line along the shore. So people get very spread out. everybody wants a secluded spot :)

I actually like klein curacao despite the rough sea that made a few girls puked both ways. although mermaid's boat is rather huge, still it's quite bumpy. imagine others with smaller boats. the little exploration to back of the island and the light house added this remote mystery feeling to the whole thing. But if you just want some tan, you can stay at the beach front.

my wife's local so we had great chats with the staff. good laughs. and great trip on the island.

good luck.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

dot, not my cup of tea, I can vomit without a bumpy boat ride

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

Dotneko, the booze is only after 12.. when nobody would be vomiting.. the way back is normally a nice trip wen people are drinking.. so you wont have troubles with that. People dont stay ill when they arrive on the island.. Catamaran didnt have many sick people (off course it is not smart to go partying and get wasted the night before).

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

I am afraid one sick person would send me over the edge. When my husband of 34 years gets sick, I say 'sorry honey, but call me when it's over and I will make you some tea'. In fact, we even jumped ship from the only cruise we have ever been on. The ocean was rough and people were dropping like flies. I finally said 'enough! it is only a matter of time, so get me OFF this ship, NOW!' We ended up taking a plane from Cozumel to cancun back to Miami. I have been on a few catamaran trips to snorkel, but I much prefer snorkeling from shore - why I love Curacao!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

I did Bounty and it was a nice day, but people were getting sick off the back of the boat the entire trip there. I took medicine and was fine. You get soaked though if you sit outside. I did not like having to go back to the boat to eat. It would've been nice to eat on shore. I think if I went back I would go with Mermaid just because of the facilties on land. The bathroom on the Jonalisa To was disgusting by lunch.

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best boat trip to Klein Curacao-Bounty,Mermaid or Miss Ann?

THx Jeff....I am seriously reconsidering even going to Little Curacao and might just do snorkeling from shore.I appreciate your response.