We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrade

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Room upgrade

Heading to Sunscape Resort in 1 week. We have upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean View. I am wondering if we should upgrade to the Preferred Club Ocean View? Is it worth the $300 to upgrade?

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room upgrade

Preferred club gets you the lounge with free internet.

Not sure what else it gets you in Curacao, In the DR, it got us better loungers on the beach

and a private pool. The lounge had continental breakfast and afternoon cocktails and desserts.

Wait till you get there and ask to see the upgraded rooms. You can sometimes bargain them down if the place isn't booked solid.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room upgrade

Thank you for the info.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room upgrade

Whatever you decide, be sure to see the room first! You don't want to be stuck in the Royal Tower (building 2) if they have not done the remodeling in it yet.The preferred building are 7 and 8, I believe, which have been redone.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room upgrade

Absolutely! I have read many reviews over the past few months and it seems as though the Flamingo and Pelican building are highly recommended, so I sent Kurt an e-mail requesting a room in either building. I will take your advice and check the room anyways. Thanks again.

5. Re: Room upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:21