We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Sea Aquarium

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Sea Aquarium

I just traded into this resort for mid-October. We've been to Curacao before, so we know about the western side beaches, car rentals and Punda. Having never ventured to this end of the island, I have a few questions:

1. What restaurants are recommended in the area of the resort?

2. What's within walking distance of the resort?

3. Is there ample parking at the resort (can't tell from pictures I've seen)?

4. Is there a decent grocery store nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Sea Aquarium

1. What restaurants are recommended in the area of the resort?

In that area are the restaurants in the Mambo beach area and lions dive. Those will be Mambo Beach, Cabana Beach and the one at Lions dive. O yes there is also a restaurant at Sea Aquarium have no idea how good this is.

Mambo beach has a couple of nights with fish which is good. Other than that there is the seaside terrace close to sunscape(walking distance)

Better restaurants are closer to town a 5 min drive.

2. What's within walking distance of the resort?

Sea aquarium and Mambo/Cabana beach. Those beaches are normally busy touristic beaches(lots of chairs, music, bars). The beaches are manmade but they are nice. Nothing compared to the beaches on the westside that are much better. Royal sea aquarium according to me has its own private beach (small).

3. Is there ample parking at the resort (can't tell from pictures I've seen)?

Enough parking according to me.

4. Is there a decent grocery store nearby?

Vreugdenhil(5min drive) and boulevard marketplace (3 min). Vreugdenhill has a shuttle to the area (hope it is is still there)

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 14:29
Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Sea Aquarium

Thanks, Huub. You are a great resource for Tripadvisor.

If anyone has stayed at Royal Sea Aquarium, does the resort provide blow dryers and are there american style electrical outlets?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Sea Aquarium

We have stayed there many times and really enjoy it. Staff is great and Augustos on site restaurant is very good. open for B,L, and D. You have to request a blow dryer from the front office when you arrive. Huub is right about the shuttles to the supermarket, also shuttles to Punda. There is plenty of parking but is a long walk to the hotel (for me, anyway). Enjoy!

Trinidad
Level Contributor
26 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Sea Aquarium

I was at that resort for a week at the end of August. For restaurants, I can recommend Augusto's on site and Hemingway across the channel. Within walking distance is the Sea Aquarium, Lion's Dive Resort, Mambo Beach and Cabana Beach, as previous posters said. I believe there's enough parking. We took the free shuttle to Vreugdenhill supermarket and got all we wanted. Yes the outlets are american style and blowdryers are available at the front desk upon request.

5. Re: Royal Sea Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 07:19