We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to run?

Mattapoisett, MA
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to run?

Hi - we will be staying for a week at the Marriott (the one on the beach). My husband and I like to run or power walk in the early a.m. Is that something we'll be able to do near the Marriott?

Thanks

Sue

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to run?

Yes, the area has a number of fairly quiet roads with sidewalks along many of them. One of our favorite walks from Marriott is to go right at the waterfront and follow it along the beach. After about 1/4 mile there is a sidewalk (Hilton property) that runs along the cliffs going down to Piscadera Bay. Not a long walk, but scenic.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to run?

There is a very popular walk where many local people walk just next to the Hilton.. Its about 5 Km.. Just turn right (heading WTC Center) and take your first right up the hill.. on the top go right and walk down to the Water Factory there you take a right and near the beach take a right pass the fishermans houses.. keep going straigt and you will end up at the Marriott..

Mattapoisett, MA
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to run?

Thanks so much. Just the type of info i am looking for.

Sue

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to run?

I would suggest walking the corridor , as suggested to the left of the marriot. It is right along the ocean and I do the walk most mornings because I am currently on the island. Leave early before it gets to hot

5. Re: Where to run?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Curacao