We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

Hello! I will be going to Sunscape Curacao in May. We booked a Gardenview room. Can anyone recommend a specific garden view room or building that has been RENOVATED and has a good location on the resort? Also, I've heard that there is one place on the resort for free Wi-Fi but I can't remember where that is. Does anyone know?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

Some of the garden view rooms can have pretty bad locations Sorry, but I don't know the buildings they are in (not 2,7,or 8). All have been renovated by now.

Free wifi is in the preferred lounge. You can sometimes pick up the signal from the resort next door on the steps of the royal tower (building 2)

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

Dotneko, do you know a building that we could request that has a better location? OR the area that I could request to stay away from? Thank you!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

Hey Rachival, we are going May 12th but staying in the Preferred room, what date are you going?

Francine

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

I don't know the building numbers of the two back buildings - those are where the garden views are located. Buildings are 2-8. I know 2 is the royal tower, 7 and 8 are the flamingo and pelican - part of which is preferred. All rooms have been remodeled by now in all buildings.

3,4,5,6 are the ones I don't know. Two of the buildings are oceanfront and two are garden view. If you are facing the ocean, the furthest garden view building to the right has the better location. The garden view building that adjoins the spa actually sits perpendicular to the ocean and looks at the other garden view building and the dumpster - you do not want that building.

Maybe someone who has been there more recently can chime in with the names/numbers ?????

I am thinking one is seagull, one is ibis, one is heron but I am not sure which is which and I can't remember the other one's name.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

sunscaperesorts.com/curacao/…sucur_map.jpg

That should be the resort map. The two horseshoe shaped buildings are 7, and 8 - flamingo and pelican. To their right looking from the ocean is a building perpendicular to the ocean and another parallel to the ocean - those two buildings are also fine.

If you go further back from the ocean, there is another building parallel to the ocean - that is garden view but has partial ocean view rooms - that is the building you want for garden view.

The building you do not want is next to it and perpendicular to the ocean - right next to the spa in the back of the property.

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

May 14-19. I'm assuming we will be there at the same time!

7. Re: Garden view room Sunscape Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:19