We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice about Blue Bay

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
advice about Blue Bay

We are 3 adults and 4 boys ages 12, 10, 10 and 3 staying in a 3 bedroom oceanview at Blue Bay.

Would love any advice on staying there. We plan to cook quite a bit especially breakfast and lunch. Are there any extras I should bring along? Do I need to bring coffee filters, dish detergent, bath soap. I know there is a grocery near but some small things I can check in my luggage for convenience.

Also any advise on entertaining and fun/good dining with these boys! Thanks much!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice about Blue Bay

Another DE here should be of great help to you. He owns there.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice about Blue Bay

Hi LuauQueen,

We own at Blue Bay Resort, and I'll be happy to answer your questions. In general, anything you need can be bought at the Centrum Supermarket, a full service store, that is only about 5 minutes away. You'll see it as you drive in from the airport. They have a great in store bakery, with fresh breads, cakes, pastries, etc. Also a good fresh produce section and fresh cut lunch meats and cheeses. Beer, wine, sodas, and liquors are also sold there. You will need to get or bring your own coffee filters (ours uses cone type), and dishwasher detergent. Also useful to bring along or buy bar soap, although they do provide hotel soaps and shampoo. No need to pack beach towels, they give you tickets for them at check in, provided at the small beach bar and can be exchanged as often as you like.

An important thing to note, Blue Bay is wired in the European 240 volt 50 hz standard. Be sure to bring along one or more electrical adapters from two round prong European style to US flat prong. And before plugging anything into the adapter check the electrical label of the device or charger to be sure it is rated as 110/220. Apple chargers are ok, most camera chargers are ok. Hair dryers are typically not ok. They do provide a hair dryer and iron, so you'll be good there.

For entertainment, for both the adults and the kids, there's the Sea Aquarium, an ostrich farm, and of course swimming and snorkeling at the beach. They also have a playground and a kids club at the beach that the younger ones might like where there is a teenager that keeps them busy with crafts, games, face painting, etc.

Take a trip to the Westpunt area to see the beaches and wilderness and stop off at Shete Boca National Park to see the waves crashing on the north shore (go early, it gets hot). Also go the Jan Kok where there are wild flamingos in the salt flats.

Good dining abounds everywhere, so really depends on the tastes of your gang. Let me know what they like and I can guide you where to go. But you've got to try the French fries at the snack kiosk...the best we've ever had! And tell the boys to keep an eye out for "Old Joe", a very large and friendly Iguana that frequents the snack bar and beach area looking for someone to share their snack.

If there's anything specific you would like to know, feel free to send me a PM.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 21:24
Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice about Blue Bay

Thanks so much!!

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice about Blue Bay

Thanks so much!!

Edited: 21 March 2014, 03:31
5. Re: advice about Blue Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22