We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

PA
Level Contributor
902 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

My husband, my 2 sons (22 & 24) and I will have 2 rooms at Sunscape in July. We have never done an all inclusive at any of the islands we have visited, but figured we would try it once. We usually love to sample a lot of native food and travel to obscure little eating establishments. So that part will be different for us. Is it worth eating at Plasa Bieu? It sounds pretty cool.

We are a pretty active family and love the outdoors.

My boys are certified in scuba diving, so they will go on 2 dives. Any company you recommend?

We all love to snorkel and I know the beach in front of us will be great. Any other "do not miss" snorkel sites? Should we take a snorkel trip anywhere?

Any sights we shouldn't miss while there? How about any tours that we would all enjoy?

How about any of the following? Curacao Liqueur Factory. Ostrich Farm. The Floating Markets. Queen Emma Bridge. Historic Willemstad.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

Rent a car and take a trip to the west end beaches.

Go to Boca Tabla over the Ostrich farm.

Definitely bring your own snorkel gear - the resort only lets it out an hour at a time

Go into Willemstad for a morning at least to go to the floating market, bridge, rif fort

Have lunch at Plasa Bieu. Then do the liquor factory in the PM.

So, I would vote for 2 days car rental - day one, early to Playa Porto Marie and other West end beaches, afternoon to Boca Tabla. Next day, AM to Willemstad and PM to Liquor Factory or back to West side.

We always rent a car the entire time - Wandering in the AM then back to Sunscape for afternoon snorkel and drinks on our floats.

You can walk to Seaside Terrace for a more 'locals' lunch on one side of Sunscape and if you walk the other way, you can hit the aquarium

Edited: 30 March 2014, 00:19
Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

Yes on Plasa Bieu,good local food. Curacao liquor factory is nothing special, Ostrich Farm is cool. As many times that we have been to Curacao, the floating market might be a nice picture, that's it. Do rent a car and go west to the beautiful beaches and Shete Boka park. Willemstad is nice to walk around,grab a snack at Iguanas and people watch and see the pontoon bridge opening for the big tankers.

Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

Your sons would enjoy diving with Hans at CURious2Dive - not far from where you are staying. He takes out small groups (usually 4 or less). He is a wonderful guide & his rental equipment is good quality & in decent shape.

We've dived with him before & enjoyed it so much that we scheduled a 2 week dive trip with him in late April/early May this year.

Enjoy your trip!

Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

Your sons would enjoy diving with Hans at CURious2Dive - not far from where you are staying. He takes out small groups (usually 4 or less). He is a wonderful guide & his rental equipment is good quality & in decent shape.

We've dived with him before & enjoyed it so much that we scheduled a 2 week dive trip with him in late April/early May this year.

Hans will take you snorkeling at the same time your sons dive, if you'd like. He takes pictures of the dives & shares them with you Arno charge.

Enjoy your trip!

Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

Enjoy your trip!

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

We stayed at Sunscape last September with our 2 grown sons in their twenties. Click on my name and you can read my trip report of our trip. My husband and son ate at Plasa Bieu and loved it. Jaancies is another local spot to eat that you will enjoy. We snorkeled a lot and visited Willemstad and many other cool spots around the island. I just today posted a slideshow of our trip...check it out. Feel free to pm me if you want to ask any questions. We had a great time and I'm sure you will, too!

By the way, where in PA do you live? I grew up in Lancaster County.

Dana

Edited: 31 March 2014, 02:47
7. Re: 6 nights at Sunscape…..any suggestions welcome.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15