We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
324 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Hi - Posting this on both forums...

Cruising Southern Caribbean in August. First time to the area. We're in Aruba on a Tuesday, 1-10pm and Curacao on Weds., 8-4. I almost always take some kind of tour first time anywhere, and would like to do snorkeling at one or the other port. The tours generally are about history, architecture, art, etc.

Suggestions for tour operators (or just tours) for either or both ports, and thoughts on snorkeling - best place, etc.? Any thoughts on Tues evening in Aruba, and things to do for those hours?

For any organized tours, much prefer smaller groups (no more than 15 or so), and I never do cruiseline excursions. Ever. Any info or links most appreciated. Thanks!

Curacao Actief
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
VIP Tours Curacao
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours
Curacao Tours & Taxi
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, City Tours
Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Snorkeling Curacao is your best option.

On Curacao I suggest the following take a tour to visit the western part of the island. National Park shete boka and or christoffel. End this with one or iwo beaches for snorkeling. I do not have names of tour operators but I hope you get them from other TA posters. But there are half day tours like this and some companies in smaller groups like 20 people.

Ater the tour take like 2 hrs to stroll around downtown before heading to your ship

Curacao
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

For snorkeling, history and architecture it's definitely Curaçao. When you get off the cruise-ship, there will be some operators offering tours. Just ask them to explain in details where they will take you. There are also walking tours through the historic city centre (UNESCO World Heritage Site). I don't know exact names of the operators either.

For Aruba questions, please refer to the Aruba forum.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
324 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Thank you for the ideas. Always open to more... :)

Willemstad, Curacao
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Hi,

I often take tourists from cruise ships to Westpoint. A nice combination is visiting Shete Boka, Playa Kenepa for some swimming, Playa Lagun for some snorkeling and on the way back visit the Salt Lakes of Jan Kok to try to spot the Flamingo's. Afterwards there usually is some time left to have a walk in Willemstad.

Edo

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Arriving on Carnival June 26 from 1-11pm, looking for west end beaches/snorkel. What is going rate for family of 4. We have 5 families.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Arriving on Carnival June 26 from 1-11pm, looking for west end beaches/snorkel. What is going rate for family of 4. We have 5 families.

Aruba
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Best tour operator on Aruba is Palm Tours. Snorkeling is much better in Curacao than Aruba. If you decide to go snorkeling in Aruba anyhow, there are two options; 1) go to Palm island (all inclusive), there is a beautiful reef with lots of fish and coral; 2) take a boat snorkeling tour to the west side of the island (Malmok), also nice fish. Alternatively you can take an ATV tour to the north side of Aruba, or visit Ari Kok National Park, both are worthwhile to visit.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
324 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Hi - How much time should we allow for walking around town? Not a huge shopper, but I like to look around, take some pics, etc.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Half a day should allow you to see the high points of Willemstad. There are several tour people who post here that you might consider hooking up with for greater time efficiency, rather than going it alone

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
324 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise stop - Curacao (& Aruba)

Well we have just 8 hours in port, and we plan to snorkel in the morning, so town might get 2-3 hours...

Get answers to your questions about Curacao