We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling to Curacao on July 8th and will be staying at the Sunscape for 8 days. This will be our first trip to Curacao. We are celebrating my husband's birthday. I have been inquiring with the Sunscape about dining on the beach. So far, I have received very little information from the concierge at the Sunscape about dining on the beach except that there are 3 menu selections (lobster $80/person, lobster $110/person, and tenderloin $60/person. I don't know what the specific menus include or what services are provided in the cost. I want to do something special for my husband's birthday and thought this might be great. Has anyone done this before (dinner on the beach at Sunscape)? If so, what was your experience like? I want this to be memorable. Thanks for your help.

Shelley

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Shelley,

Unless you're heart-set on a meal on the Sunscape beach, my suggestion is to go off resort and dine at one of Willemstad's excellent fine dining restaurants. Rather than "hotel food" there are plenty of places you can have an unforgettable birthday dinner for less than the prices you mention. Have a look at the restaurant reviews on TA.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

We did not actually have a dinner on the beach, but our room overlooked the couples having them. They set a table on the spit of beach that sticks out into the water. Tiki torches nearby for lighting. Looked romantic enough, but I think Jeff is right - if you are going to pay extra anyway, go offsite. Though I disagree about prices - you are going to go for $100 pp at any of the fancy places. Heck, we spent over $200 on lunch at Bistro le Clochard without liquor.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Dot,

Not to argue, but for the benefit other forum readers who might get concerned reading about restaurant costs, I want to set the record straight with our facts on the costs of dinner out last week. Actual bills for the two of us, which included either a bottle of decent Chardonnay or a couple of glasses apiece, and including the tip at 15-20%. We don't do cocktails or bottled water, and usually share a starter and a dessert to keep calories and costs down a bit.

Mangos - $64. Fishalicious - $219 (included $35 Dutch oysters starter). Sjalotte - $162. Landhuis Daniel - $89. Restaurant No 5 - $126. The Wine Cellar- $143

Some good eatin here for I think reasonable prices. Hope this helps.

Edited: 25 April 2014, 00:06
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
58 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Thanks for your input. I will check out the off resort dining options.

Shelley

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

My recommendation is to eat outside the resort too. Many good options. We ate at the wine cellar last weekend for about $180.00 for the 3 of us. Only one of us had wine.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

I should have added we each had an appetizer and we each had dessert..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
129 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

We were told that the lobster dinner on the beach is $160 per couple. We were not told that there were other menu options. But when you arrive you get some resort coupons which can be used towards the dinner, I believe $60 worth, so your dinner would turn out to be $100.

Let me know if you need to get ahold of anyone at the resort, I do have a few email addresses.

California
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

Next to Sunscape - is brand new Boulevard Beach (Mambo, Cabana beach). At the level of the beach is good

seafood restaurant. On the upper-level, several new restaurants (Mexican, Indian and more). Good place to watch the sunset. I was there in January, reasonable prices. Link http://www.blvdcuracao.com/ # food-and-beverage

9. Re: Dinner on the beach at Sunscape?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:16