We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

Is it better to rent a car at the Marriott (I am assuming that they have that service) or at the airport? Also, what about carseats? Is it mandatory in Curacao and are they available (I'd feel much safer with my 3yo gs in a car seat) even if it's not a law?

Thanks for your input.

By the way, do taxis have carseats (I guess we'd have to request one)?

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

Don't know about carseats, but you can certainly rent at the Marriott, or the Hilton right next door. Cab fare from the airport to the Marriott is $20 one-way.

Another thing to consider is that if you rent at the airport you'll pay an additional 10% "Airport Concession Fee", so it depends if you really need a car the whole time.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

Does anyone know the approximate rate for a car at the Marriott. I have a reservation at Hertz, at the airport, and I think it's for $250 a week during February.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

the rental desk at the Marriot is for National, according to National's website. The price I was quoted online for a week in Nov is $160 + taxes for a compact car with air & automatic. 4 more sleeps - can't wait.

Keswick, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

You may want to consider bringing own car seat. That way you will be guarenteed a safe chair. You can never depend on the cabs to have one and it is the safest for your child. If you are getting an extra seat for your child on the plane you he might be able to use it right on the plane. Check with your airlines. Curacao is great. Have a great time.

clarksville...
Level Contributor
91 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

we usually use bugdet from the airport because it was the cheapest. this time we used national and found much better rates, just under $300 for 2 weeks. i think a week was around $160. just be careful where you park. we heard reports of cards being stolen in the mambo beach, zanta beach area. been here 2 weeks and we've been ok (knock on wood). book the car from the US on US websites though- if you go to National though the National Curacao website, it was a lot more expensive than just using nationalcar.com

6. Re: renting at the Marriott or at the airport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 13:19