We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adaptors

New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
adaptors

Do we need adaptors for our electrics?

Thanks for any info!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: adaptors

All of my electronics from the U.S. worked fine in Curacao.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: adaptors

Actually it depends on the hotel your staying with. Breezes offers 1 US plug in their rooms. However, at the Lions Dive you will need an adapter, which the front desk will provide. Check directly with the hotel of your choice and confirm. We always take a heavy duty extension cord on any trip so we can plug in 1 or more things if needed.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
50 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: adaptors

The Marriott has 1 outlet for US apppliances - next to the table with the phone. That was where we had our PC, so it was OK, but I had to use my hairdryer there, too. If you want to plug something in anywhere else (bathroom) you need to bring an adaptor.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: adaptors

The current is slightly different than in the US and Canada. It is 127 volts with 50 Hz not 120 with 60 hz. Sometimes it will surge.

Most plugs tend to be US style and 120 appliances will work but those with a motor (dryers) will be slower.

There are occasional current surges. Good idea to protect delicate instruments with a surge protector.

Water from the tap is great - it is desalinated - enjoy

5. Re: adaptors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad