We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes - Renovation Question

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, sc
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes - Renovation Question

Hello,

The pictures on their website look like the rooms are a little dated. Our travel agent contacted Breezes and was told that all rooms are being renovated and are 90% complete. She was told that they would be 100% complete by end of month.

Does anyone know if this information is accurate? What were the renovations? New sheets/towels or a full face lift?

Thank you!

Lebanon, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

I was very happy with our room. We had a flat screen tv mounted to the wall, so I'd assume ours was renovated. It wasn't a style that would fit in the US, but I enjoy Caribbean decor when in the Caribbean.

The beds were a little hard for my husband, but I slept very well. The towels seemed to be in good shape. There were some minor items, such as a not perfect drywall patch in our room, and less than perfect caulking -- but those are not issues to me. (Mold, however, would be.)

This resort exceeded our expectations. Make sure that you read the paperwork they give you at the airport. It explains all the policies, not that there are many, but it helps to know what is open when.

Edited: 19 October 2010, 03:56
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

What type of room were you in? Garden view, ocean view or ocean front? Thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

Just returned from a 2 week stay and loved it ! Rooms were great, we stayed in the Flamingo Wing, Ocean View and it was just perfect. PM me if you have any questions.

Lebanon, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

We were placed into an Oceanview room, also in the Flamingo Wing.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

I am wondering here: the shape of the Flamingo and Pelican buildings suggests that all rooms in them are ocean view (on an angle) or ocean front (both ends); and the back wall of the building has no windows but a corridor along it. Am I right? Thanks.

Charleston, sc
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

Thanks for all the responses. I am calling to book today and will post or PM if I have additional questions.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

Yes SnorkelingRenovator, All rooms are ocean view or front with a corridor at the back of the building

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

Thank you.

9. Re: Breezes - Renovation Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 05:15