We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

We arrived back last Sunday, haven't had a chance yet to post our review but we absolutely loved everything about Curacao!

Loved the country (very clean), the people - incredibly friendly and very helpful, the food - ate too much as usual, loved the excursions (will post under each excursion), the snorkeling was just to die for at Breezes, hubby loved diving with Ocean Encounters.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

So glad you had a fantastic visit, that is how we felt as well when we were there a few years ago and now making return visit in Feb. Can't wait to read your review. I'm glad the snorkeling is still amazing at the resort.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Such a loooong trip tho, but it was worth it !

Next time we'll try to fly more direct to Miami, instead of thru Dallas

Mentioned in this post
Milton
Level Contributor
161 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Hello,

I am just curious about the beach. I have read in previous reviews that the beach is rocky? Is this true? I’m asking as I would like to visit Curacao and am not sure about this resort for that reason, beach plays a very important part in my travels!

Any information is very much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Yes, the beach is rocky in some spots but if you venture down to the opposite end of the Dive Shop and Trapeze, there are no rocks at all, the sand is very soft and the water is beautiful.

Folks told us to bring water shoes but we never even put ours on....

Milton
Level Contributor
161 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Thanks for the info!

I would like Curacao to be my next destination to visit!

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
London, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Great news.

We are at Breezes for 10 days - Jan 27. Little nervous with the bad reviews but have heard it all before and then loved the resort so I'm not too scared.

Love the good feedback. Was wondering about water shoes too. Leaving them at home now. Will look for reviews on excursions. Wanting to do the doon buggy tours.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

I also read your Breezes resort review and it so made me want to fly to Curacao right now =(

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

don't blame you Rogerlovescaribbean, we couldn't understand why anyone would complain about the resort.

Of course there are people who need to be waited on hand and foot but we're not like that - we can get our own coffee and sodas, we can order our own drinks at the drink hut, etc.

We'd go back again in a snap!

toronto
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

So glad you had a good time--I read some reviews that just made me want to bang my head against a wall for stupidity--ei: got gardener to shop down coconuts-so they could drink & eat it fresh -then wonders why they're sick the next day. or the kid left a game or cell phone by the pool overnight- & blames the smoking ppl for stealing it.. and they found a cell phone in their safe days later (returns it to owners in States) and blames it on poor management for not finding it (when it took days for them to notice it) I don't like to judge ppl--but I read alot of reviews for everywhere & always seem to find negative from Americans

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're back, loved Breezes and loved Curacao

Breeze is a good solid 3 star resort where people get value for money.