We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

2 adults looking for a great All Inclusive on Curacao next month, with a nice beach/pool, good food and clean rooms. First time to the island but we are experienced travelers.

The only 2 Resorts with AI that I can find are Breezes and Renaissance, but they seem very different, and I'm concerned that the Renaissance seems to be built in the city?

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

The only real AI on curacao is breezes. Renaissance has an AI option but it is not an AI. I think the marriot can also give you an option like the Renaissance.

Breezes is outside the town in the sea aquarium area. It has a real beach and is an nice facility. The only comment I see time to time on this forum that you should not expect it to be a 5 star resort because it is not it is more of a 3 star resort but nice though. I stayed there twice. Renaissance is downtown well located. Walking distance to everything in town. Personally I think it is nicer than the breezes. it does not have real beach but a huge beach like pool with seawater sand and palm trees. Very nice pool though.

My personal opinion curacao is not an AI island. This is an Island to explore. the best beaches are not at the hotels but at the west side of the island. A rental car is your best option to get there. Driving here is very easy.

Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

Thank you for the helpful perspective. I will do a bit more research before booking!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

I concur with Hubb to an extent, Breezes defintely a 3* (perhaps 2 1/2), however the beach is nice. I've seen the Hyatt with an AI option as well. I don't think Curacao is an island that you can do on a shoestring budget, hence the comfort of an AI.

However the Hyatt is located off the beaten path, so it all depends what is important to you on vacation ... you can capture culture on 1 or 2 excursions as we did, however our goal was R & R with a bit of Scuba thrown in. Breezes offers one free dive a day for licensed divers so no brainer.

My 2 cents

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

Although Breezes is not a 5 star resort anywhere the Breezes in Curacao is really not up to par with the chain. If you have been to another Breezes you may be very disappointed with this one.

We have done AI at other destinations and loved it but would never do so in Curacao. It does not save you any money and you feel trapped. There is also an AI option at Lodge Kura Hulanda. We stayed there a few months back without the AI feature and were very happy. We ate/drank like kings, rented a car, went everywhere and in the end we calculated that the AI feature would have cost more plus we would not have left the resort. I definitely recommend KH and they also have a hotel in Willemstaad which I'm sure does AI too if you are really set on it.

Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

Thanks for the helpful information. I am interested to check out the other options mentioned. The Renaissance AI does have some appeal since the price is so attractive - $1230 pp from Toronto end of November for a King Ocean-view Room. Not many other AI packages, ex Cuba, DR or Mexico can compare.

If we were to stay at the Renaissance, how far away would the nearest beach be?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

There is a public beach at the Marriot hotel which is only a 3-5min drive. It is an OK beach but not comparable to the beaches on the westside of the island these are about 25-35 min drive from the hotel . Porto Marie or Cas Abou. Lagun, Playa Kalki and Knip beach are about 45 min.

There is one other beach that is not mentioned very much on this site. Vaersenbaai (also Kokomo Beach). The last name is the name of the beach bar/restaurant. Most people know it as vaersenbaai. It is recently renovated and is very nice. Nice facilities. This one is about a 15/20 min drive.

7. Re: Breezes or Ranaissance Curacao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad