We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay??

We are going to curacao in June this year. We were recomended to stay at the Hyatt but it seems a bit isolated for my taste. We are looking for a hotell with a beach and within walking distance to resturants. I know the best beaches are not located in Willemstas, but what would be the best options. With walking distance i think within 15 to 20 min walk.

Greatful for any answer and tips.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

Marriott hotel or Hilton hotel are close to hooks hut beach about 5 min walking

or you can stay at the breezes hotel which is next to Sea aquarium and mambo beach 5 min walking.

the living stone resort or papagayo resort which is also 5 min walking to janthiel beach!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

Marriott would be a great choice, a few restaurants within walking distance, nice beach and pool area.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??

Thanx

Any idea on how the Avila Hotel beach is?.

Curacao
Level Contributor
841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay??

The Avila and it's beach are very nice, but everyone know how partial I am to the west end beaches. Please plan to rent a car and tour the entire island.

You will have a great selection of restaurants if you stay at the Avila. Besides eating there (and listening to live music), you can walk to Pan e Vino, Fishalicious, Seasons, Chopstix and Rozendaels. Within a couple of miles to the East; Golden Star, Seaside Terrace, Augusto's, Hemingway's, and Primus. Within a mile or so to the West; St. Tropez, Mundo Bizzaro, The Wine Cellar, Augustinus and Intermezzo - a little further; Pampus and De Boot. Downtown Punda is just a 10 minute drive away and it will take you about 15 to 20 minutes to drive to the restaurants on the East end of the island.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay??

Thanx for all the tips.

I think I will go for either Avila or The Renaissance. In that matter I will be close to the resturants and the city center. I can rent a car to get to the beach. Would like to enjoy some wine or beer with my dinner, so to have to be dependent on on a car for going to a resturant will remove that option.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay??

From the Renaissance you can walk to so many restaurants and enjoy your beer and wine

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay??

I think the Avila would be your best option considering the restaurants in the area. 4 restaurants really within walking distance Rozendael, Fishaliscious, Chopstix, Seasons and Panne e Vinno. All great options. They are not cheap though. My Favorite Seasons and Fishaliscious.

The restaurants on the property are also great.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay??

Thanx again you guys.

I ended up with booking a room in the blues wing with Avila Hotel.

Looking forward to my trip now.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay??

Great choice enjoy your trip

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
42 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay??

Lions Dive, Breezes, Avila Beach and Plaza Hotel Curacao are very centrally located.

Enjoy your stay