We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breezes a la carte - dress code

Goderich, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
breezes a la carte - dress code

I'm assuming that collared shirts are required for men in the A La Cartes, but are long pants required (or are dress shorts OK). Also does the footwear have to be closed toe or are a men's dressier sandal OK (not a flipflop).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

I can only tell you what I observed and was told when we were there:

Men: Collared shirts, long pants. No shorts allowed for men.

Closed toe footwear. That could mean sandals with closed toes.

Disclaimer: As a family we all adhered to the dress code however, there were other patrons who did not and they were not "shown the door" so to speak.

It looks so tacky when others are dressed up in the a la cartes and others are in their shorts and muscle shirts.

Michigan
Level Contributor
649 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

There were people wearing muscle shirts in the Ala Cartes Gail????

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

Yes there were, very tacky indeed. But they were the ones who looked totally out of place, and embarassed (for a bit).

Michigan
Level Contributor
649 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

They should have been embarrassed. Maybe they just didn't know how most people dress for the Ala Carte's. Pant requirements have always been my "pet peeve" with All Inclusive Resorts. Wearing pants in 80 degree weather with 80% humidity is just wrong. Not to mention that the lady's can pretty much wear anything they want. It's sexist I tell ya. :)

That being said I go because my family enjoys them and I don't want to be anti social. And......... I always wear a collared shirt to dinner, weather it's an ala carte, buffet, or off site. Jeeze, my legs don't look that bad and they're under the table most of time. :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

I hear ya sea breaze, I too find it pathetic that the men have to dress "up" when it's 90+ degrees. I think dress shorts and a dress shirt should suffice.

6. Re: breezes a la carte - dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad