We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels and dining

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotels and dining

My wife and I will be in Curacao for a week in June. Besides a scuba op nearby and an ocean view, wife and I want a hotel with great dining options on site and in walking/scooter/cab distance. How does it compare-- Westpunt vs. Willemstad? Thx

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels and dining

Westpunt doesn't have many dining options. Better off staying at the Marriott or Hilton, a few rerstaurants walking distance. The Renaissance in Willemstad has many restaurants around.Great dining options will be hard to find at any hotel. There are many that are good.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels and dining

Thanks for your response! We were leaning towards Marriott or Avila. Now though, I really love idea of the Westpunt area for dive sites. Nightlife is not important, but good dining is wife's criteria. I'm sorting through, looking at Westpunt restaurants now and as you said--not many. She likes Kura lodge and if I could point out good dining options (and get my west Curacao dive spots:) life would be sweet.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels and dining

If you stay in westpunt or close to town you are going to need a car to get to the good dive spots out west. Looking at your requirement of good dining options nearby you better off close to town. My suggestion would be Avila. Avila has 2 restaurants on site which are good and very close by 4 good to very good restaurants. Rozendael, Fishaliscious, Seasons and Chopstix all very good restaurants. And about a 5 to 7 min walk you will also find Panne e Vino another excellent restaurant. Reservations highly recommended for Fishaliscious, Seasons and Panne e Vino especially during weekends.

Kura Hulanda Lodge is great place at a nice beach but as said in a previous post your dining is limited. There are only 3 options down there I consider good which are Sol Food, Jaanchi(local) and Landhuis Misje. Landhuis Misje is one of the best on the island but it is closing (or being sold) so have no idea if they will still be there in June.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels and dining

Thanks for your help. It does seem that Avila offers more options. I wonder what dive up is close to it--maybe ocean encounters. Renting a car could be a way to go.

Curacao
Level Contributor
846 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels and dining

Yes, Misje has been sold and is currently closed. The new owner hopes to reopen later this month (March). I think it will be another great dining option in Westpunt.

The Kura Hulanda has a nice option.... 4 days at the Hotel and 4 days at the Lodge; just something to consider.....

Florida City...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels and dining

My wife and I will be in Curacao for a week in july.

Is there any recomandation for Hotels it will be our first trip .

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels and dining

It would help if you tell what your requirements are. I can sum up a bunch of hotels all with their pros and cons. All hotels mentioned in this post are good.

Pls also start a new post instead of hiking on an old one

Edited: 24 April 2012, 00:21
8. Re: hotels and dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad