We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Booked my plane tickets for Curacao tonight! I am so excited. I was trying to decide between the Hilton & the Renaissance b/c I didn't have enough points for the Marriott and when I went to book tonight the Marriott was on a point saver sale!!! I was able to book it for 5 nights! Things are looking up for my first trip to Curacao!! Can't wait! Only question.. Do I reserve my car online or wait until I get there?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Depends on the period when you will arrive. Some periods may be busier (like Christmas). I always think its easier to reserve a car online. Also some model cars may be more popular..

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Why not reserve on line? That way, you know you have it and there is no charge until you get there. Win-win LOL

Kentucky
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Thanks! I will do that!! Think I am going to go with Prins!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Prins, Just Drive and D&D are the most economical and a lot less grief than the big name companies.

You won't regret having a car. It's a great island to drive around.

Some very nice snorkeling beaches on the west end and a couple of nice national parks.

The Marriot is one of the best all round resorts on the island.

Check out Centrum Market.

Great deserts and pastries.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 14:09
Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

We currently have a car from Prins.

Edward answered our emails quickly and so far we have received good service and a clean and reliable car. We were picked up at the Airport, then driven to their office to fill out our paperwork. They also gave us good directions to the Centrum and Cost U Less for our grocery shopping.

There are mosquitoes here so if you don't bring bug spray, highly recommend the local stuff called " Curaloe" it's in a blue bottle and usually found on a lower shelf near the cosmetic section.Hope this helps!

Oregon
Level Contributor
332 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Booked our first trip too! (and to Bonaire) yay!

That Curaloe is aloe vera (read all about it on their website, www.aloecuracao.com. Does that really work?? I have Jungle Juice, with DEET (from REI). Got it before going to places endemic with malaria. I didn't get bit once.

I appreciate the info about car rentals. After a lot of searching for suitable lodging, we're staying at Marazul (unit 9A, great ocean views) in Dec./Jan. The owner of the condo unit suggested Michel (michelcarrental.com.) I haven't yet checked out any of them. Any experience with Michel? Otherwise, good to have current experience written about Prins.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

Don't know about Prins.

We have used D&D and Just Drive with excellent results.

You picked the best 2 island in the Caribbean.

Have a great time.

Lebanon, Oregon
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

I've been to Curacao 5 times now. I usually use Kiks Cars for a rental pick up. We are divers so we love having a four door pick up as a rental vehicle. The price are great and the owner is so easy to work with. http://www.kikscars.com/ Only downside of Kiks, is that it is not located near the airport so you will need to take a taxi from the airport. He splits the cost of the taxi with you. For one of our trips, he was booked up already so we rented from Hertz because they had a great sale going on and it was very convenient.

9. Re: Just booked my first trip to Curacao!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad