We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAE airlines

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
DAE airlines

Booked a flight on May 27, does anyone have any good news on this airline? I always search resorts, activities, etc, but never thought about airlines. Today they actually left Miami 5 minutes early!! Thanks for any info!!

Mentioned in this post
Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DAE airlines

Not very good reports on Dutch Antilles Express further down this page.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: DAE airlines

No good news. Mostly horror stories about long delays, poor customer service and cancellations,

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DAE airlines

I live in the Orlando Florida area and my husband and I drove to Miami to take advantage of their cheap roundtrip tickets from Miami to Curacao during the Thanksgiving holidays. We didn't have any problem on the way there but did have about an hour delay on the way back. The flight crew and food were great. Now they have direct flights from Orlando to Curacao that I would like to take advantage of in the future. I didn't think they were that bad and for the price you can't beat it. We have family in Venezuela and they have cheap flights to cities there also. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DAE airlines

Thank you! I have been watching the flights into and out of Orlando and they seem to be running on time.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DAE airlines

One hour delay is not soo bad.. That can happen with any airline.

The US flights seem to have less problems as they are being services by Falcon Air (which is also owned by the DAE owner). The majority of the DAE airlines are wetleased by Falcon.. However as Falcon Air is a US company they are not allowed to fly to Venezuela.. meaning the other airplanes of DAE should do these flights and it seems that those are out a lot.. They are receiving new airplanes so hopefully all flights will run smooth.

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: DAE airlines

The owner of Falcon is NOT the owner of DAE. he is their consultant. there is indeed a big difference in their service on Falcon Aircraft which mostly operate on time or are cancelled. But the other flight have loong delay. As much delays that the venezuelan Civil aviation authority has banned them from flying to Venezuela. there were also some safety and maintenance issues. Whoudl really recommend to check and double check with them if taking a flight to venezuela. because they will bring you to Curacao enn then give you $80 back for your ticket to Venezuela. But then you are on your own.

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
689 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DAE airlines

Except that he's not a consultant, he's the owner. The owner of Falcon Air Express and DAE are one and the same; Nelson Ramirez.

But, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

DAE is prone to delays, when booking with them, keep this in mind.

Daytona Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: DAE airlines

I heard the airline may be in financial trouble... anyone heard anything on that?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DAE airlines

They have had financial problems for a long time.. But not able to fly to Venezuela seem to have hit them extra hard.. Yesterday in the newspaper they were talking about flying to less destinations, less planes and staff..

I would not book with them at the moment especially not when the trip is in the future..

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DAE airlines

Fully agree with Curtraveller. This is not the comments the airline is waiting for but I think indeed their future at the moment is questionable