We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental insurance for a Canadian traveler

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Car rental insurance for a Canadian traveler

I want to rent a car during my vacation and i would like to know if car rental company provide a liability insurance. I am covered for Auto Rental Collision Loss Damage Insurance with my credit card. My car insurance in Canada does not cover me for the liability insurance when travelling in Curacao. I would like to know what do you do when you rent a car in Curacao.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental insurance for a Canadian traveler

I contact the car rental company and ask them that exact question.

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental insurance for a Canadian traveler

I find that Prins Car Rental have a SLI standard in their insurance but, the max. Insurance is Nafl 150 000

($85,714,28). It is not enough but better than having no insurance. My car insurance at home cover only the USA when travelling. All the big names car rental don't have any SLI insurance.

If someone find more info about the insurance, please share it.

Thank you.

3. Re: Car rental insurance for a Canadian traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17