We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

erie
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

There are 4 adults and 3 kids stopping on a cruise ship in December. We are looking for suggestions of things we can do on our own verses an excursion. Can anyone tell us how easy or difficult it would be to get to a beach? And, the cost? if recommendation is to book an excursion for the day - what would it be and with who??

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

You can rent a car for the day from D&D or just drive and they will meet you at the cruise ship dock with the car and paperwork. Easy drive to good snorkeling beaches in Westpunt for the day. Return car to cruise ship dock in the afternoon and poke around the town before returning to ship.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

Forgot to add - car about 40 for the day. Entrance to Porto Marie with loungers (and good restaurant on site with drinks available) less than 20 dollars.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

Or, a taxi to Seacquarium beach for about the same amount.

erie
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

is it difficult to navigate on curacao? and, do I need anything special to drive there? I am from PA.

Is that $20 pp for entrance and loungers?

thanks!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

Easy island to navigate. Ask for a map with the car. Nothing special to drive - if you have a license and are over 25, you are good to go.

There is a recent thread that gives exact number. I want to say loungers were $5 apiece and entry was $8, but I cannot remember. Perhaps a recent visitor can chime in.

Or, it may be in the review section on Porto Marie, Cas Abou, or Seaquarium Beach

erie
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

thank you!!! I have emailed D&D and await their reply. Excursions are costly and this looks like the best option for all of us.

florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

One of our (family of 4) favorite beaches was Porto Marie. It's gorgeous and not a long or difficult drive from where the cruise ships dock. There's good snorkeling and we enjoyed our lunch at the cafe on the beach.

erie
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

Thanks did you rent a car or take a taxi?

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
500 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

Hi, I am on a cruise stopping here at Xmas also. Do the cruise ships dock in a nice area just to wander around and explore? Thinking of just an easy day meandering and having a drink and bite to eat..... maybe a swim?

Thanks for all help!! December can't come soon enough! Never been to the Caribbean before so mega excited!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Stop for day in Curacao

I think you are out of luck on the swim part - not really a beach area in town. Easy area to explore on foot from cruise ship dock. Not sure how much will be open on Christmas Eve, though.