We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Resort - Countdown

houston, texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sunscape Resort - Countdown

OK - folks, 97 days plus a wake up, sun and fun here I come!!!!!

Saxonville ma
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

10 days and counting, We just had a foot of snow and more coming Sunday. Take me away!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

Ok, this may sound like a goofy idea but you guys let me know what you think: It seems like we have a bunch of groups going shortly after each other. I am proposing that we figure out something to hide at the resort in a common area, possibly under a landscape rock or something semi-permanent. When you get home you post clues on the forum for the next people to find the item. Then they find a place to re-hide it.

I know its a campy idea but it could be fun (or am I nuts)

Any thoughts?

Jim

maine
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

I think it sounds like a great idea!!! We are headed to the Sunscape May 2-8. Can't wait!!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

Sounds awesome, heading down May 12th - 17th so gigiat 26 you might be the one hiding for us.

93 days and a wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

Sounds like we can try it. Maybe if Brianne is still around she could get us started or anyone else who would like to. Our group is going 11 March, but if anyone is going prior to that, just chime in.

I am not too creative so the best idea I came up with so far is a ziplock bag and envelope for protection against weather (in case outside somewhere) with paper inside. Possibly we put our names, where we are from, and the date found on the paper, along with a request that if found by the staff, please do not throw it out and why.

When the first person comes home, he/she can start a thread on the forum with clues or instructions, and we can use that for as long as the game goes.

I am sure someone can come up with something better than that, so please throw it out there.

We can use a volunteer to go first!!!!!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

56 days!

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

75 days

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

46 days! We'd love the "hunt" !!! Great idea!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

-5 degrees in Chicago this morning. Balmy for northern Canada but freaking cold here! 28 days and one half sleep to go (2AM wake up time doesn't really count as a full sleep).

I propose we call our game "Sunscape Seek." We can still use someone to start us out. If not, we will have it covered.

Jim

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Sunscape Resort - Countdown

64 to go but not staying at Sunscape so count us out of "the game." Y'all enjoy!