We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Curacao

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
19 posts
370 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Curacao

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Curacao for 9 days starting March 1st, 2015. Some questions we have:

1. Is 9 days too much? We plan to relax but also want to explore the island, shops in town, eating out etc.

2. Are therre easy excursions to other islands?

3. We are planning to stay at the Marriott Beach Resort. Any opinions of this hotel? Is it near Williamstad?

4. Anything we should know? Anything we should do?

Thanks for any help

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Curacao

Hi,9 days isn't bad, you'll get to know the island. You can fly to Bonaire or Aruba For a day trip. There are excursions to Klein Curacao, an island off the coast.The Marriott is a nice resort, they have a shuttle into town. Do rent a car and go west to beautiful beaches. Check out curacao.com for lots of info.Also bigredislandguide.com for lots of restaurant info.Feel free to ask more questions, we are here to help.

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Curacao

Yeah, you should enjoy the Marriott. The shuttle to town is a nine passenger van that runs 9-12 and 2-5. It fills up fast. I second the car rental recommendation. Curacao is easy to drive around, but a map or GPS helped me a lot. The drive to town is about 10 minutes and you can park at the Renaisance for free. Use one of the local rental companies.

Snorkeling at the Marriott is decent, but like Ralphy said, the snorkeling (and beaches) is better out west.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Curacao

Could you clarify one point:

According to the Marriott website they don't offer shuttle-service. Can you confirm if they do or not?

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Curacao

That question has come up before. The "no shuttle" comment on their website refers to no airport shuttle. It read the same way two years ago when we visited. At that time the 2x daily shuttles to town were as I described on August 1st. I guess you could call or email the resort to confirm.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Curacao

great info for planning my trip.

6. Re: First time in Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Willemstad