We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

through St Maartans to Dominica

richmond, va
2 posts
Save Topic
through St Maartans to Dominica

hi, would appreciate any help on where to stay overnight in St Maartans. We arrive at 4pm from the States & leave for Dominica at 8am. Also any off the beaten track info about Calibishie we'd love - staying at a new place that sounds great Calibishie Cove. Will rent a car to explore the island, have gotten great tips from this site. Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

www.calibishiecoast.com might be of help. I am not too familiar with the area and we plan on spending a day or two there this time around.

Let me know how the transfer from SXM to DOM goes, that is a way we're thinking of going one day. I am always looking for options. What airline are you using?

As far as accommodations in SXM, you might want to post on that site, too, if you haven't done so already. But I would try something as close to the airport as possible, because you'll still need the minimum 2 hours to check in. And if your flight leaves at 8...that's and early day.

Rockville, VA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

Hi, we are looking for a cheap way to get to Dominica, it is hard to find. I can find reasonable flights to St Maarten. If you do not mind, how are you getting to Dominica from St MAarten? Thanx !

John

New Jersey, US
Level Contributor
172 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

any replies to this?

I'm interested in the answer too - SXM -> DOM?

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

Check WinAir's schedules. Also, Liat flies as well via Antigua and it's a puddle jumper but it works -- you'd do something like SXM-ANU-St. Kitts/Nevis-DOM.

Both airlines have baggage restrictions, so check those too.

New Jersey, US
Level Contributor
172 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

thanks I'll check those

but I have severe motion sickness so have trouble with puddle jumpers....

6. Re: through St Maartans to Dominica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Dominica