We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windsurfing on Dominica?

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
windsurfing on Dominica?

Hello

We'll be spending 2 weeks on Dominica coming November. My boyfriend like to windsurf and we're wondering if that's possible on Dominica? And if so, does anyone know where he could rent material for a day or so?

Thank you!

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: windsurfing on Dominica?

I am a windsurfer living on Margarita Island but spent easter week of this year on Dominica.

There is some wind on the northeast coast (Calibishie area) but saw no one windsurfing nor did I see any rental operations anywhere on the island.

As far as where to stay I would look to the Calibishie area-its one of the nicest parts of the island altho the whole island is incredibly beautiful nature wise.

We stayed at Sea Cliff Cottages just outside of Calibishie and I highly recommend it-nice cottages with spectacular views and beautiful gardens.

It is a good idea to rent a jeep for your stay-you will see alot more of the island that way.

St. Lucia has several options for windsurfing and of course, Margarita island is known for its optimum windsurfing conditions.

Have a good time in Dominica-you will love it!!!!

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: windsurfing on Dominica?

I am a windsurfer living on Margarita Island but spent easter week of this year on Dominica.

There is some wind on the northeast coast (Calibishie area) but saw no one windsurfing nor did I see any rental operations anywhere on the island.

As far as where to stay I would look to the Calibishie area-its one of the nicest parts of the island altho the whole island is incredibly beautiful nature wise.

We stayed at Sea Cliff Cottages just outside of Calibishie and I highly recommend it-nice cottages with spectacular views and beautiful gardens.

It is a good idea to rent a jeep for your stay-you will see alot more of the island that way.

St. Lucia has several options for windsurfing and of course, Margarita island is known for its optimum windsurfing conditions.

Have a good time in Dominica-you will love it!!!!

3. Re: windsurfing on Dominica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Dominica