We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Aerial Tram ride

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Rainforest Aerial Tram ride

Hi

Has anyone done this trip, is it worth it and how long does it take, we are going 1st 2 weeks in march, staying at castle comfort lodge, other excursions we thought to do were the whale watching and ti tou gourge neither of us can walk very far so thought that these would suit any other suggestions would be most welcome

.....susie

Ontario
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Aerial Tram ride

A visit to fresh water lake could be combined with your titou gorge outing. You can park right at the lake and it is possible to take a dip in it or rent a kayak to paddle around. The water may be cool but I found it energizing. Emerald pool is an easy walk. Sisserou falls is just off the roads side and involves only a short path with steps. A drive to the top of Morne Bruce will provide you with a spectacular view of Roseau and the port. The Isthmus at Scotts Head can be driven on. At this point you will have the Caribbean Sea on your right and the Atlantic Ocean on your left. I could go on as I do love Dominica... :-)

I can not comment on the Aerial Tram as I have not been on the ride.

Enjoy the nature Isle!

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Aerial Tram ride

When I was there over the Christmas/New Years holiday, the visitor center/concession building at Freshwater Lake was closed. Looked to me like it might have been more than a temporary closure. Kayak rental might not be possible at the lake.

The Cold Sulphur Springs are a short walk off the road up at the north end of the island. Something to consider for a visit.

Given the walking issue, the tram would be something to do. Really neat to get up above the canopy but at a close-up view. I took their tram ride (same company) on St. Lucia and enjoyed it.

3. Re: Rainforest Aerial Tram ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Dominica