We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominica 7+ days April 2011

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dominica 7+ days April 2011

We are considering Dominica in April 2011 for our anniversary trip. We like the looks and idea of Jungle Bay for some adventure but are leary about 7+ days with no air conditioning. We are from Florida and can handle the heat and humidity . On the same note we do not want to hike and dive all day take a shower and still feel damp and hot. It is not to cool off after a long day. As such we are considering either splitting the trip with an AI in Martinique or moving to hotel such as Ft. Young for some relaxation after the adventure.

Questions:

1. What is the temp and humidity in April and does anyone know if the rooms stay cool at Jungle Bay?

2. How far is Ft. Young from Jungle Bay?

3. Is the ferry system between Martinique and Dominica reliable?

Thanks.

Dominica
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dominica 7+ days April 2011

Hello,

When you are at the Jungle Bay you are nestled within the forest area where you get that cool breeze from the sea.Therefore i don't think you will be that hot. The monthly average temperature for April based on previous figures were within 27.2 degrees celsius.Note it is cooler in the interio.The time it takes from the Jungle Bay to the Fort Young is about 45 minutes.There is only one ferry service at present .It goes to Martinique twice a week.

London
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dominica 7+ days April 2011

I was just about to respond exactly the same as Rubby100. You won't feel the need for air con at Jungle Bay. The cool breeze will be more than sufficient. If you are from Florida you will have no problems with the humidity. In fact, the temperature in April is more than bearable. As for some more relaxation at Fort Young, I think you will feel more relaxed at Jungle Bay. The plus side of Fort Young is that you will be based in the main town of Roseau which would give you a good base to tour the south of the Island (Scott's Head etc). As much as I love Dominica a week in Dominica and then a trip to Martinique is a great option.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dominica 7+ days April 2011

I personally think that if you are going to go to Roseau, to be cool it is worth staying up above King's Hill, where there always seems to be a breeze. The view from Sisserou Lodge, where we are staying at the moment and the pool is always yours and beautifully refreshing! You can take a bus down to town (10 minutes) or hire a car and drive up the steep hill. Fiona the owner is extremely helpful and caring and her housekeeper Merline will keep the lodge sparkling clean and can even cook a creole meal for you! Much a more intimate and private experience than a hotel and with such an amazing view!

4. Re: Dominica 7+ days April 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 05:16