We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice please...

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice please...

I am a lady in her early 50's - but adventurous! I have been thinking about visiting Dominica for a few years. Finally I've decided I would like to go towards the end of October and also be able to attend the Creole Festival.. I have looked at tripadvisor and also purchased a travel book.. but still can't decide what parts of the island I should stay at. I would love to hike, snorkel, hot springs and relax. I am planning on going for about 2 weeks and want to spend approx $80-$115 per night, probably in 2 or 3 different areas. Am thinking about Narakiel's Inn in Roseau and also somewhere in Calibishie - but I believe these are on the same side of the island, and I've read that I should also stay on the west side. Also, should I stay closer to the airport the first part of the trip? Sorry for the long-winded question, but any help would be appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,584 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice please...

Hi there,

Roseau for sure is at the (south)west side and Calibishie the northeast, so they're a good team together. Calibishie is closest to airport but whole island north-south is only 4 hours driving, so not that relevant. From Roseau you can do hikes like Trafalgar Falls and Boiling Lake and from Calibishie a few nice northern sights.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Dominica
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice please...

Here are some accommodation listings you may wish to look up. They may be a little over than your price range. However but you may wish to check.

On arrival you can stay at the Calisbishie Lodges this is about twenty minutes from the Airport www.calibishie-lodges.com. There is also the kalinago Territory guest house www.avirtualdominica/ctgh.In this area you can see some of the history and culture of the kalinago people.

In town there is the Ancorage hotel www.ancoragehoteldominica.dm they can also organise a snorkel trip for you. Ma Bass guest house and the Evergreen www.evergreenhoteldominica.dm

In the interio where you can do your hikes and enjoy the warm sulphur pools. There is Le petite Paradis www.petitparadisdominica.dm and Tia's Bamboo cottages.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice please...

Thank you both so much for your advice!

4. Re: Itinerary advice please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Dominica