We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVI Airways

Seattle
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
BVI Airways

Hello! Looking at flying BVI Airways to/from Dominica this spring, and would love to hear about any travelers' experiences with them - good, bad or just OK.

Thanks,

- Jen

Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BVI Airways

I've flown 4 times and they were very good every time. Small plane (19 seater). No nonsense, on time, friendly pilots. (So much more pleasant than flying LIAT)

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BVI Airways

We've flown BVI to Dominica many times, and they offer great service. I think you'll have a great experience.

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BVI Airways

Hey, just got back. Had 2 great flights with BVI Airways. No problems at all. On time and everything! Took the 9:30 am from SXM on a Saturday, then the 11:00 a.m. on the following Saturday back. Happy travels!

Seattle
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BVI Airways

Hurrah! Thank you so much - we leave in 12 days, so your timing could not have been better. Very reassuring. Very much appreciate you're follow up!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BVI Airways

So jealous that your trip is still ahead of you! You will have a blast! The plane landing in Dominica is a rush! Felt very safe, pilot was great , but landing strip is in a valley between huge mountains , with the ocean in front of you. Have your camera out! Not too worry , very cool!

Colihaut
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: BVI Airways

My wife is currently having a bad experience having flown BVI Airways from Dominica to SXM on Saturday March, 23, 2013. She was the first person to check in Dominica on that day. She told me that she checked two pieces of luggage. One for herself and the other for a 19 month old toddler. Tags were placed on the luggage but no luggage claim stubs were given to her which by the way is standard procedure. Upon arrival in SXM she went to the luggage area and could only find her luggage but not her toddler. To date she has not received that piece of luggage. Imagine being in a foreign country with no clothes for a toddler. She will be in SXM for three weeks. Based on my communication with her she has not been getting any favourable response from BVI Airways personnel in SXM. Her name is Anastasie Molly John. I am hoping to get a speedy resolution to this matter. For a luggage to disappear on such a such journey is beyond comprehension. I am also hoping that the Airline will try to protect its image by ensuring that she has clothes for her toddler. I am in doubt whether the staff in Dominica is properly trained. How can this happen? It also appears to be a security breach if no luggage claim tags were not attached to the ticket. By the way I am her husband making representation on her behalf. My email address is johnca63@hotmail.com. I also intend to raise the matter with the Dominica Airport and Seaport Authority.

\

Cyrille

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BVI Airways

I would definitely take that matter up with BVI at the airport, and security. Your wife definitely should have been given baggage claim tickets.

8. Re: BVI Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Dominica