We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Calibishie?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Activities in Calibishie?

Hi - My girlfriend and I are spending 2 nights in Calibishie and 2 nights in the southern part of the island. We're looking for activities during our stay in the North. From what I can see, most of the hiking/waterfall/jungle activities are all in the south: Boiling Lake, Trafalgar falls, Middleham falls, Victoria Falls, etc...which we plan to do while we're in the south. What is there to do in the North that you'd highly recommend for two active people in their early/30s that won't involve driving to the southern part of the island (how long does that take anyway?)? Thanks for your help, and yes, we know it's a short trip but that's all the time we could afford. Would love to stay an entire month.

Mentioned in this post
Calibishie
Calibishie
Dominica
Boiling Lake
Boiling Lake
334 Reviews
Dominica
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Calibishie?

There's plenty to do in the area around Calibishie,get yourself a copy of Paul Crask's Dominica guide, its invaluable. There are loads of amazing beaches, and waterfall's in the immediate vicinity. To drive to Roseau in the south will take around 2 and half hours.

Mentioned in this post
Calibishie
Calibishie
Dominica
Dominica
Dominica
Caribbean
Roseau
Roseau
Dominica
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Calibishie?

The boat ride up the river from Portsmoth is a nice way to spend a few hours

SE Pa
Level Contributor
602 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in Calibishie?

You can snorkel off the beaches north of Portsmouth. The is good hiking along the Capuchin trail. Check out Red Rocks just behind Calibishie. And don't miss walking through town and hitting the shops and cafes, and just hanging out. Chill out at Escape Beach Bar & Grill. To me Calibishie was the real essence of Dominica from a people perspective.

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Dominica
Calibishie
Calibishie
Dominica
Dominica
Dominica
Caribbean
4. Re: Activities in Calibishie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Dominica