We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps- Renting a Car

Which Roseau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherman, IL
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Maps- Renting a Car

We will be there for a day in February. We are planning to rent a car, but haven't had much luck finding good maps for routing out where to go. I'm not sure what would be reasonable to do in about 7 hours, but I would like to see Titou Gorge, Emerald Pool, one of the waterfalls (suggestions?) and Champagne Reef. I'd really like to make the most of our time so getting lost really isn't an option. ;) THANKS!

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maps- Renting a Car

There aren't any good maps. You have to allow time for getting lost. Allocate an hour for pickup and returning the vehicle. It could be longer. Dominica is on island time. I think Emerald Pool won't fit into your time available.

On Dominica, you will be driving on the left side of mountain roads with many ups, downs and curves. There are way too few lane markings, road signs and guardrails.

For one day on Dominica, leave the driving to someone else. The stress isn't worth it.

2. Re: Maps- Renting a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:17