We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Which Roseau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
496 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Inquiring about beaches close to the Cruise Port,( Roseau) from what I am reading the beaches in dominica are not real nice.

If anyone knows of a sandy beach with facilities not too far from the Cruise Port please advise.

Traveling with 9 family members plus 3 year old, looking to spend a few hours on the beach.

If anyone knows cab fare prices to the beach, plz let me know

Thanks

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
167 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Mero beach is a good beach. If you wish to tour the island, I definitely recommend to book the driver beforehand. I tried to but did not emphasize we want a private tour and as we found out beforehand there would be others joining the tour we cancelled. Well, I have to say it was not nice barganing the price with the rude taxi drivers (many of them asking ridiculous prices sush as 250 and 200 USD ). Then when somebody quoted 140 (10 USD less than the next guy) we took him. And the first thing in the car he started asking for a tip and the next hour bragging how good a guide he is. You can figure out the rest.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

Suzanne, I am wondering if you would recommend the Mero Beach for snorkeling? Do we need to wear water shoes to go to the water? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

when on Dominica, I did not visit any beaches, so I can't personally make a recommendation. However, if you contact Jenna Robinson, he is a very good and knowledgeable guide, who has lived on the island most of his life. He also did all the travel and transport for The Pirates of the Caribbean filming there. Contact him on jenna23dm@yahoo.com.

Enjoy this lovely island.

Regards

Suzanne

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

I am wondering if you would recommend the Mero Beach for snorkeling? Do we need to wear water shoes to go to the water? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

15. Re: Beaches close to Cruise Ship Dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 18:15