We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Hotel would you choose!

Dallas
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which Hotel would you choose!

Greetings from Texas! We have a group going to Puerto Plata in July. We currently have reservations at the Iberostar but are thinking about changing to the Grand Ventana, good choice or bad, the Iberostar does not have a swim up (which is a major issue with the men in our group) and I cant get a response from our travel agent if the Iberostar has a Disco, so can anyone help a lady out with these questions, we too, are counting down to Vacation day! help, thanks to you all!

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which Hotel would you choose!

TexasLady,

I read in my travel book that the Iberostar does have a disco. It is open till 2am. Everyone says you can't go wrong with an Iberostar. Have heard the food is really good at this particular one. Good luck, hope this helps! Palms

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which Hotel would you choose!

Having been to the Iberostar in Puerta Plata in Feb. 2004, I would say you can not go wrong with this place. Everyone says it is by far the nicest resort in Puerta Plata. Elvis at the pool bar is great. We did not miss having the swim up bar as we spent more time at the beach.

Where do you live in Texas. My son lives in Austin? He plays saxophone for Grupo Fantasma