We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know any GOOD smaller resorts - prefer Adults only

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Know any GOOD smaller resorts - prefer Adults only

HI all....been to Maui, Barbados, Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. Looking at Punta Cana in Feb. Would prefer a resort that's not too large, and maybe less kids? Also...Must be able to snorkle.....Any ideas?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Know any GOOD smaller resorts - prefer Adults only

Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana is the only adults only all inclusive resort in Punta Cana (at least that I know of). It is a very romantic and secluded resort. It is about 1 hour and 10 minutes away from the airport, but it is very quiet. Unfortunately, Punta Cana is where the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean meet and Secrets resort is the last one on the island. Secrets' beach is very nice if you just want to frolick in the waves. It is not recommended for snorkeling. They do have day excursions where they take you to a different part of the island with calmer waters. I have heard good and bad reviews of this trip though. I guess it depends on what you want.

If you are looking to do a lot of activities during the day, then Secrets is not the place for you. This resort is away from everything and is the perfect place to just relax by the pool or sit on the beach and listen to the waves crash. Aahhhh -- my kind of vacation. Like I said earlier, they do offer plenty of day excursions for the adventurer.

Enjoy your vacation wherever you go!