We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto plata

northern ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Puerto plata

Hoping perhaps Gregg might reply to this??

We're off on the 13th july and apart from Oceanworld and the local sights I was wondering can anyone recommend any other tours. I have two kids aged 10 & 6 and didn't want an arduous and lengthy coach trip first. Saona island is meant to be fantastic but as far as I'm aware 3hrs return by coach.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto plata

Are you staying in Punta Cana or Puerto Plata, as the two excursions you mention are from different areas?

Gregg

northern ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto plata

Puerto plata - breezes - sorry about the lack of info

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto plata

OK.

Don't think Saona Island is offered by hardy anyone here as it would require a flight.

Be aware that Sosua resorts are charged a transportation surcharge of $5US per person by Ocean World due to distance. I think it's more than reasonable but tou should be aware of it.

Other great tours are Outback Jungle Safari www.outbacksafari.com.do and Freestyle Catamarans caribbeanoceanadventures.com/freestyle.html

I recommend both, highly.

Gregg

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
405 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto plata

Agree with Gregg, these two trips were the best we did. The boogie-boarding at the end of the Outback trip was so much fun! (and I'm 44 years old!!) It could be a long day though for a 6 year old.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto plata

You are right about the Saona Island trip. Thomson reps were offering it from The Rius POP. It was approximately a 5am start and involved a 45 minute flight down there. It sounded great but a lot of travelling and quite expensive (about 120 british pounds). We decided we would do that trip if we were staying nearer, on another holiday.