We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

I'm travelling to DR on a A330 with Thomas Cook and i'm thinking of prebooking at least the return flight (£30) to ensure me and my husband sit together. I've been looking at the seating plan and i see the last few rows of ecomony are 2-3-2. Has anyone sat in these seats? It would be nice just to be me and him if i book one of the 2 seaters.Was thinking of booking the very last row,so no-one is kicking from behind but do you get served everything last, are the seats as wide as the earlier rows?Any advice/experience would be most welcome?

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,744 posts
377 reviews
1. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

Go for it, book your seats for the outward and return journey. there are five rows at the back where the window seats are only two abreast. If you are going to book them, try and get rows 38 - 40. The first row of two (37) has the screens which come out of armrests, as opposed to in the seat in front. The last row (41) people tend to mill about as the galley and toilets are right behind. Also, not sure if last row has full recline?

Travelling as a couple is ideal in these seats, as you don't have to worry about disturbing anyone if you need the toilet or just to stretch your legs.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

Thanks for the row details. Has anyone else flown thomas cook recently whos prebooked?Is it worth it?Have you sat in rows 38-40 on the A330?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,744 posts
377 reviews
3. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

Not flown a Thomas Cook A330 in the last five rows, I am due to fly to Cuba next March with them. Have booked row 38 seats A&B for both journeys.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

My boyfriend and I didn't pre-book seats so we just turned up, hoping to get some decent ones! We got allocated 2 together, which happened to be 2 on their own. They weren't the back row, but the row before it. They were perfect - loads of space and no sharing the row with anyone else! The cabin crew serve alternately too - sometimes from the front of the plane to the back, and sometimes vice versa, so you're not always getting served last.

Also, the toilets in use were the ones downstairs so we didn't have people getting in our way or falling over us.

Unfortunately we weren't so lucky with the seating on the way back! I'd say get these seats whilst you can! :)

scotland
Level Contributor
87 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

Spoke to someone who was at back of place in a two row seat and said it was good. Not sure if you are last served but we were in the middle on our return flight and were served last. Not sure if this helps. My husband and i were seperated but only acroos the aisle but i think i woyld pre book esoecially for coming back but just make sure you are together on return check in.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

Thanks for all your advice.

I've had many people saying its a waste of money (£60return for 2) to prebook your seats, just a con by the airline, as if you get there early enough you should get seats together anyway.

But its my first long haul holiday, and my first abroad holiday in years and i personally would like to spend the nine hours going and coming back next to my husband and not stangers(this is a holiday to celebrate our 7years together)

So i've gone ahead and booked Row 38 A&B there and back, this is a row for just two,it gives me peace of mind and we have to check in 2hrs prior instead of the 4hrs it states if you dont prebook.Thanks again everyone

isle of man
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

gd on ya i did it myself in june !!! well worth the 60 we had 43 rowes on rs i booked 40 a and b so was 3rd from the back would def recommend it whats 60 quid for 9 hrs of comfort each way and least peace of mind u no u will b sittin 2gether just the 2 of ya and no disturbing anyone when u want stretch ur legs or use the toilet or better still no one disturning u2!!

8. Re: Thomas Cook A330 pre booking seating -advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 15:16