We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locking Luggage?

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Locking Luggage?

Hello!

Im due to fly out to the Dominican Republic next Monday from Manchester UK. I was just wondering if its ok to put a lock on my luggage, or in the current climate, is this not allowed?

Many thanks,

Ryan.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,575 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Locking Luggage?

Hi Ryan,

We always put a lock on our luggage when flying anywhere in the world on our hols.Never been told not to. Even done it on all our past hols to the Dom.Rep.

Who said locks were not allowed?

Angie.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Locking Luggage?

First off, Thanks for the quick reply!

Nobody said to me that a lock was not allowed, i was just a bit curious as to if it would be allowed, just with the having to put liquids in a bag etc

But anyway i will lock up my bag now, thank you!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,575 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Locking Luggage?

The only liquids that need to be shown at security are the ones that you might want to carry in your hand luggage but they must be under 100ml per item and be in small 20cmx20cm transparent re-sealable bag.

Angie

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Locking Luggage?

Put a nice bright coloured lock on your bag. Make it the first thing you look at on arrival. If it has been tampered with, open your bag there & then to check the contents. We've never had a problem on any of our trips anywhere but I know of people who had perfume etc taken.

5. Re: Locking Luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:16